+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pawlett signs official

Pawlett signs official

So my views he is 100% injury prone so why? A fully fit pawlett for next season would maybe be good but is that going to happen. He is skillful but that reeks of lack of ambition on our part.

Whilst a decent player on his day, Even when fit he isn’t a regular pick, flatters to deceive, doesn’t contribute enough assists/goals. I really don’t get this move when we are hardly flush with cash and trying to improve the squad. Taylor into that his injuries, and i just don’t get it, poor decision in my opinion. If we are handing out contracts to likes of Connolly and Pawlett, no disrespect to them, then we have hit our ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Whilst a decent player on his day, Even when fit he isn’t a regular pick, flatters to deceive, doesn’t contribute enough assists/goals. I really don’t get this move when we are hardly flush with cash and trying to improve the squad. Taylor into that his injuries, and i just don’t get it, poor decision in my opinion. If we are handing out contracts to likes of Connolly and Pawlett, no disrespect to them, then we have hit our ceiling.
    hearing we will spend next season. so maybe backbone and 2 or 3 new players - maybe sieg will go i doubt shanks wil get many offers

He can make quite a difference to the team (as we've seen in recent months) but this is definitely a risky signing, given his injury record with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    hearing we will spend next season. so maybe backbone and 2 or 3 new players - maybe sieg will go i doubt shanks wil get many offers
    Hearts will be sniffing around Shankland but its not exactly a move in the upward direction for him and they wouldn't offer anywhere near what we'd be after.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Hearts will be sniffing around Shankland but its not exactly a move in the upward direction for him and they wouldn't offer anywhere near what we'd be after.
    I don't think many will after the season he's had. All depends on what we value him at of course. Last season means a lot less now when it comes to his value imo.

We need to keep a backbone of the team, we don't need wholesale changes, continuity and growth with we have but adding a few key additions is our best bet (hopefully with Mellon at the helm)

We have a good blend now of experience (Butcher, Reynolds, Pawlett, Clark etc) and early to mid 20s players who are playing regular (Harkes, Robson, Sporle, Edwards, Smith) who are still to enter peak but are all used to each other and the club

It's a good base to build from with the other prospects and younger guys and a few clever signings

We know this is a recipe for success from 2007-2015 and also St Johnstone more recently (a team of guys who have played together for years and green connected to the club)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    He can make quite a difference to the team (as we've seen in recent months) but this is definitely a risky signing, given his injury record with us.
    Do agree TTT. Hopefully his new training regime etc might have helped this. He can be a good player, we have all saw that. And yet he can be anonymous in some games. Maybe a one year deal with an add-on might have been better. In saying that, I'd bet he had a good few offers (at what level I'm not sure).

Just watched his interview on DUTV , he seemed genuine enough, and dare I say it ? a wee bit emotional ?

Happy to have him in the squad. There are a lot wurser players out there than Peter Pawlett.

The money will be an issue, I know.

At least, most of our players seem like they want to be here, which can't be bad

Gless 3 quartirz ful

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Do agree TTT. Hopefully his new training regime etc might have helped this. He can be a good player, we have all saw that. And yet he can be anonymous in some games. Maybe a one year deal with an add-on might have been better. In saying that, I'd bet he had a good few offers (at what level I'm not sure).

Just watched his interview on DUTV , he seemed genuine enough, and dare I say it ? a wee bit emotional ?

Happy to have him in the squad. There are a lot wurser players out there than Peter Pawlett.

The money will be an issue, I know.

At least, most of our players seem like they want to be here, which can't be bad

Gless 3 quartirz ful
    You mean Glass Meekison and Mochrie ?

I'm not at all sure about this but maybe have to put some trust in the club.
    A fit and buzzing PP like the second half at Fir Park yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)