+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charities

Tom’s Story

Around 1400 children a year are diagnosed with cancer in the UK. A great number of those children pass through the cancer and leukaemia ward at the Sheffield Children's Hospital and I should know as I was one of them.

The Cancer and Leukaemia ward and staff played a massive part in my fight against Cancer, I stayed over way too much for mine (and the staffs) liking but I couldn’t be more great full for everything it provided

The opportunity to raise some money for the Childrens Hospital Charity and particularly this ward is something I could not look past.

Over April and May myself and a few friends will be covering 1400 minutes each, worth of plodding (some people call it running). I’m probably looking at 3 hours running a week and 30k. I run no where near that much at present so this will be tough.

That's right millertop, keep it local.

Good luck on the plodding, you're a star

Let’s get to 2,000

https://t.co/jKjuRrPiIB?amp=1

Well done.

£2,009
    raised of £200 target
    by 98 supporters

The Rotherham Hospice has had some good donations on here but another one to consider within the hospice is The Sunbeams Child Bereavement group which was set up a couple of years ago to support kids from about 4 to 18 who have lost/ losing parents and grandparents to cancer. There are sadly not many groups like this in the country so if you want to specifically donate to them instead of generally to the hospice that is another option.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The Rotherham Hospice has had some good donations on here but another one to consider within the hospice is The Sunbeams Child Bereavement group which was set up a couple of years ago to support kids from about 4 to 18 who have lost/ losing parents and grandparents to cancer. There are sadly not many groups like this in the country so if you want to specifically donate to them instead of generally to the hospice that is another option.
    Yes I’m sure I put a thread up ages ago in fact it could’ve been a few years ago now 😂 Sam Todd (media at NYS) did a marathon for it with just giving
    His mum works/worked there

One or two sponsors use to give up their or pay for a table in lounge at NYS for sunbeam to use

There’s still some good people out there

Rotherham United are proud to be supporting our former Academy Coach Tony Mee, as he embarks on the ‘Tour de Tony’s Former Clubs’ next month, in aid of the Huntington’s Disease Association.

https://t.co/FAsW4ZinAd?amp=1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12