+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: King of the South - Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by daveblackcat View Post
    Incredible player, could he have played at an even higher level in England and Scotland?

Whatever, I never forget siting in the Arena café a couple of hours before the game. In walks Dobbie in tracksuit, orders meal and drink, sits down alone. This is the guy who at that time was top goal scorer in Europe.
    Anyway, a plate of salad and protein like stuff is served to him. Starts eating. Few minutes later a plate full with bangers, mash, beans and all is put down next to him. My jaw has dropped to the floor, I know he's playing today, is this secret behind all those hat tricks!!!???

Few minutes later his friend sits down, eats the fry up. My jaw is saved and Stephen Dobbie's God like status returns
    Love the story.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Surely they could have kept him on ?!? Last game, safe and all that....
    I could understand it if there were fans to applaud him off the pitch but suppose it had to end somewhere. All the very best Stephen as you have singlehandedly provided us with such wonderful memories plus entertainment which sadly we are unlikely to see such again at Palmerston. A fond farewell Sir Stephen and all the best for whatever you have in planned.

You look at his goal montage and you can't help feeling his 2nd spell here was such a missed opportunity for a crack at the big time.
    Won't happen again, any striker doing well will just get poached!

Did we even ever manage a top 4 finish with him here?
    I remember him saying in a interview he was here for a push at promotion.

Yes he's never had the precense of Dykes along side him and had a few injuries but he's looked a shadow of his former self under AJ's reign. Team should have been built around his ability. He was never going to get close to his previous goal tally with the garbage system he was playing in.
    Possible a air of frustration contributed to why he decided to leave maybe..?

You look at his goal montage and you can't help feeling his 2nd spell here was such a missed opportunity for a crack at the big time.
    Won't happen again, any striker doing well will just get poached!

Did we even ever manage a top 4 finish with him here?
    I remember him saying in a interview he was here for a push at promotion.

Yes he's never had the precense of Dykes along side him and had a few injuries but he's looked a shadow of his former self under AJ's reign. Team should have been built around his ability. He was never going to get close to his previous goal tally with the garbage system he was playing in.
    Possible a air of frustration contributed to why he decided to leave maybe..?
    We will never know that Deek but hopefully AJ recruits earlier for next season - yes we are still in the Championship but we lost 13 games and conceded 51 goals with only relegated Alloa having a worse record so lets build a better squad for the next campaign

Suppose his next move will indicate if there was more to it. Just kinda wonder if the management teams two year contract made his mind up. Might be way off the mark but just a thought.

Yeah I think we need to try and get a stable squad in place. Hard but get a nucleus on longer contracts so we can build some consistency. Rebuilding every year is far from ideal.

Suppose his next move will indicate if there was more to it. Just kinda wonder if the management teams two year contract made his mind up. Might be way off the mark but just a thought.

Yeah I think we need to try and get a stable squad in place. Hard but get a nucleus on longer contracts so we can build some consistency. Rebuilding every year is far from ideal.

deek when dobs first signed he stated in the press that he had unfinished business at queens and it was to get queens into the premier league ,however im sure he must be frustrated with the squads hes had to play with ,massive chance missed by queens while we had dobs talent at our disposal ,should have built a decent squad around him ,but chance wasted as dobs never got the backing from the board to get a few decent players in to give us a decent chance of a promotion push ,club should have went all out while we had dobs is my opinion ,wasted opportunity squandered .

100% agree Francis. Wasted opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I could understand it if there were fans to applaud him off the pitch but suppose it had to end somewhere. All the very best Stephen as you have singlehandedly provided us with such wonderful memories plus entertainment which sadly we are unlikely to see such again at Palmerston. A fond farewell Sir Stephen and all the best for whatever you have in planned.
    Great turnout in the Lochfield Road area and the lane down to Palmy for the arrival of Dobs on Friday Seemingly the video has been seen many thousands of times - well done to the fans who organised this wee tribute to a QOS Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Great turnout in the Lochfield Road area and the lane down to Palmy for the arrival of Dobs on Friday Seemingly the video has been seen many thousands of times - well done to the fans who organised this wee tribute to a QOS Legend.

https://youtu.be/SrR-2Qo17Go

Much deserved

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)