+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King of the South - Thank you!

King of the South - Thank you!

Gutted to see the news that Dobbie will be leaving us at the end of the season, but all I can say is what a player he has been. An inspiration, a role model, an icon...our superstar!

It was inevitable and was going to happen one day but I didn't want to ever think about it.

What an honour to have witnessed this man at Palmerston over the years and I don't think he really knows truly how much joy he has brought to fans young and old and those that are unfortunately no longer with us.

All of those moments of magic, the quick turns, glides across the turf, nutmegs and glorious strikes!

Whatever his next step is I wish him and his family all of the best

Thank you!

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5405
    https://www.qosfc.com/news-5406

The end of an era and the likes of which we are unlikely to see again. I hope that the club gives him a testimonial so that we get the chance for a proper goodbye in front of his adoring supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    The end of an era and the likes of which we are unlikely to see again. I hope that the club gives him a testimonial so that we get the chance for a proper goodbye in front of his adoring supporters.
    A brilliant player and stalwart of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    A brilliant player and stalwart of the club.
    Very much doubt we will ever see another player in the Royal Blue shirt of the Doonhamers as Stephen Dobbie who, as well as a wonderful footballer, anyone who has met him will tell you is a a really nice bloke. Gutted that the fans cannot
    see him play his last game on Friday night at Palmy but a testimonial game sometime in the future will surely happen to allow his adoring fans say a proper farewell - good luck in the future to you and your family.

"This love will never die"

Best Queens player iv ever seen or likely to but it goes deeper than just his brilliance on field. We've literally been on the journey of his career and to come back after having his success to say thanks. It's just the stuff of fairytales for fans.

The word legend gets bandied about far too often nowadays regarding certain players. But in this instance the guy Is a total LEGEND. Queens fans will cherish the memories forever. All the best Dobmeister!

AJ saying tonight that Dobbie is still undecided about his future...

Would be great if there was banners up for Dobs to see tomorrow night.

Incredible player, could he have played at an even higher level in England and Scotland?

Whatever, I never forget siting in the Arena café a couple of hours before the game. In walks Dobbie in tracksuit, orders meal and drink, sits down alone. This is the guy who at that time was top goal scorer in Europe.
    Anyway, a plate of salad and protein like stuff is served to him. Starts eating. Few minutes later a plate full with bangers, mash, beans and all is put down next to him. My jaw has dropped to the floor, I know he's playing today, is this secret behind all those hat tricks!!!???

Few minutes later his friend sits down, eats the fry up. My jaw is saved and Stephen Dobbie's God like status returns

Surely they could have kept him on ?!? Last game, safe and all that....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)