+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pawlett signs official

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    You mean Glass Meekison and Mochrie ?

I'm not at all sure about this but maybe have to put some trust in the club.
    A fit and buzzing PP like the second half at Fir Park yes
    Not at all Stoke. I was meaning McNulty and Shankland. Just my opinion obviously , but I'm just going on what I seem to see. (hopefully well wrang)

I think the plan for the club is to have a group of experienced guys (Reynolds, Connolly, Butcher, Pawlett, Clark, etc) being the backbone to help bring through the younger players. Could be that Pawlett's main attribute is what he brings off the pitch rather than on it.

We have a great crop of young guys coming through, which we all should be incredibly excited about, but you can't play them all together, needs a few older heads there to help them on and off the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I think the plan for the club is to have a group of experienced guys (Reynolds, Connolly, Butcher, Pawlett, Clark, etc) being the backbone to help bring through the younger players. Could be that Pawlett's main attribute is what he brings off the pitch rather than on it.

We have a great crop of young guys coming through, which we all should be incredibly excited about, but you can't play them all together, needs a few older heads there to help them on and off the pitch.
    Correct Back row ......... as PP mentioned in his interview, remembering himself being really young, and players helping him.

There is nae point being a chicken athoot a haid, (unless) someone can re-attach it for you

Pawlett is so frustrating. His injury record isnae great obviously and in some matches he seems to just drift out of it. And yet - there are some games where he is fantastic. Most notably recently the second half at Fir Park where he came on at HT, galvanised the team and was terrific. Our upturn in fortunes latterly can be traced directly (even in defeat) back to that second half. He then continued in that vein until his ridiculous sending off v Livi and since then he’s been in and out. A fit Pawlett could yet bring a lot to the table, but that’s the point - a fit Pawlett. His record on that score still suggests that two years is a bit of a gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post

I agree, mostly.

I think Micky will be looking for more from him on the pitch rather than off it. Pawlett sounds as though he's happy where he is and is respecting of Micky and his management. But I'm pretty sure Micky is looking for Pawlett to play a far greater role in terms of 1st team appearances.

I admit I was in the 'let him go' camp regarding PP. I do think we could've upgraded on him. But he's signed up for the cause now and he will get my full support whilst he wears the Tangerine. Who knows, an injury free few months and doing the business in the 1st team we could be pleasantly surprised by an Indian summer from PP. You never know.

Add: I also think he owes us a bit.

Is that harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Add: I also think he owes us a bit.

Is that harsh?
    No

I really dont know what to make of Pawlett , some boys absolutely slate him and i see that but

I think he's a really good player in a bad way- he's a mind f**k

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)