+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6 key results this season

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Four very poor results this season .

Southampton away
    West brom home
    fulham home
    Newcastle home
    Against West Brom we were very poor at home and on any other day the Baggies would have won despite being reduced to 10 men. Fulham at home we deserved a point and while we did not pick up the wins in these two fixtures we craved, we kept both teams at arms length and there they sit now in the final two relegation places while we are almost certainly safe.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Against West Brom we were very poor at home and on any other day the Baggies would have won despite being reduced to 10 men. Fulham at home we deserved a point and while we did not pick up the wins in these two fixtures we craved, we kept both teams at arms length and there they sit now in the final two relegation places while we are almost certainly safe.
    A win tonight would certainly do it outwood.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A win tonight would certainly do it outwood.
    I agree BT. A win tonight would cook Fulham’s goose for sure. Scott Parker has tried his utmost to keep them in the PL but ultimately they have fallen short. I would think the Fulham Board will keep faith with him because they would have every chance of getting straight back up from the Championship.

I think that what happens at Fulham will depend on the future of all the players that they have on loan at the club.
    When they played Sheffield United in February they used 7 players who were on loan and have used many throughout the season.

Only two domestic loans are allowed, however, Fulham have had lots of loanees from abroad and they are not counted in the quota.
    Against Sheffield United they used two players on loan from fellow English clubs - Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea) and Lemina (Southampton) - with five others borrowed from European clubs --Alphonse Areola (PSG), Joachim Andersen (Lyon), Lookman (RB Leipzig), Josh Maja (Bordeaux) and Ola Aina (Torino).

I like the look of Lookman. Cheeky bid?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I like the look of Lookman. Cheeky bid?
    I thought we were in for Lookman when he was at Charlton BT, but Everton stepped in with a bid of £10 million and that, of course, was the end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I thought we were in for Lookman when he was at Charlton BT, but Everton stepped in with a bid of £10 million and that, of course, was the end of that.
    They did in January 2017 and he didn't play much. Went on loan to RB Liepzig in January 2018 and scored 5 goals in 7 starts and 4 sub appearances. He returned to Everton for the start of the 2018/19 season and didn't feature very much and was sold to RB Liepzig in July 2019 for £22.5 million. Didn't play much and then went on loan to Fulham in September 2020 and has played regularly for them with 4 goals and 4 assists this season. He is still only 23 and it will be interesting to see what happens at the end of this season as to whether he goes back to RB Liepzig or is sold ----and at what price!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)