+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bristol Rovers

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So Lowery injured? Is the same true of Wood or is Lancashire playing for a contract? And who is Williams?
    Michael Williams, Academy u-17 player? We are thin in midfield without Lowery and Murphy, so perhaps as he's a left back or left sided centre half he's there in case Pixie has to go to midfield if one of the 3 gets injured? We do seem to have lost a few players as a result of Tuesday, when Lowery played so well.

Awful game. Fortunately, one of our decent moves in the 1st led to a goal. Glad he scored but it was otherwise back to normal for Ainley. Some flashes of talent in areas where it didn't much but poor choices and execution in areas where it did matter and then he completely disappears in the last half hour.
    For me the game showed how much we need Lowery to knit things together. I hope he's back for the final game. Also, I'm hoping that Evans won't appear again. Flashes of something but never enough to warrant further interest.
    What to do with Charlie? He seems to have completely lost it now- he's even being comically bad now.
    We also need some players to replace Lancashire and Beccles and to provide insurance for the walking injury, Daniels.
    After the appearance of the old familiar Wintle on Tuesday, today he disappeared completely.
    Finally, why was the tempo so slow in that second half. We've seen it so many times this season and the last few minutes the gas upped their pace and we couldn't react so we were under a bit of pressure. Fortunately the opposition were really crap so nothing came of it.
    I'm already thinking of next season as I can't bear the thought of seeing more like the last 2 months or so.

Going by the interview on the OS it would seem that Ainley is staying. I wonder what kind of deal he's got and is there a release clause? How much?

Going by the interview on the OS it would seem that Ainley is staying. I wonder what kind of deal he's got and is there a release clause? How much?
    Certainly sounds like it - all sorted and should be announced this week. Any others being done at the same time I wonder.

Awful game. Fortunately, one of our decent moves in the 1st led to a goal. Glad he scored but it was otherwise back to normal for Ainley. Some flashes of talent in areas where it didn't much but poor choices and execution in areas where it did matter and then he completely disappears in the last half hour.
    For me the game showed how much we need Lowery to knit things together. I hope he's back for the final game. Also, I'm hoping that Evans won't appear again. Flashes of something but never enough to warrant further interest.
    What to do with Charlie? He seems to have completely lost it now- he's even being comically bad now.
    We also need some players to replace Lancashire and Beccles and to provide insurance for the walking injury, Daniels.
    After the appearance of the old familiar Wintle on Tuesday, today he disappeared completely.
    Finally, why was the tempo so slow in that second half. We've seen it so many times this season and the last few minutes the gas upped their pace and we couldn't react so we were under a bit of pressure. Fortunately the opposition were really crap so nothing came of it.
    I'm already thinking of next season as I can't bear the thought of seeing more like the last 2 months or so.
    Well I thought in the 1st half we were not too bad. In attack we were a lot sharper and quicker in our attacks. Have to admit it was not a surprise to me. All fine apart from our shooting. In the 2nd half what happened?

Do not really understand why some are talking about Lancashire playing for a new contract. He has been one of our most consistent CBs this season. Still early days but I do believe Adebisi is showing that he will be a very promising prospect. Well impressed.

Have to admit I am amazed at some supporters constantly running Kirk down at every opportunity. The Pickering/Kirk combination start off the majority of our attacks. He has been a lot braver for the last 2 seasons. He also tracks back to do his share of defending. He scores goals and for the second season he provides the most assists. In fact his end product is far in excess of Gazans chosen player. Really it is time to get off his back.

*Gazan "I'm sorry but Charlie needs to be rested for the rest of the season."

You mean the one remaining game we have left lol. What difference is that going to make? Stop moaning at the lad.

Sorry, lukcour, but it’s a tad hypocritical of you saying that some supporters have been running Charlie down at every opportunity when you seem to have been doing exactly that to Tom Lowery! Headless chicken was one of your early epithets as I recall. It’s interesting that recently you’ve been saying how much we miss him, without ever admitting that you may have been wrong about him.

Regarding Charlie, I don’t think we constantly run him down; more express our frustration that he could be so much more if he used his talents to greater effect. Next season is make or break for him, as we will see how much of the partnership with Pixie is him and how much his mate. He has certainly worked harder at the defensive side of his game this season, with positive results, but as one of the more creative players in the side his decision making needs to improve significantly, along with his confidence. My main beef with him, however, has always been his attitude when things go wrong, specifically that it’s never his fault, standing there waving his arms around like an Indian policeman on point duty.

AA it appears that you must have misread a possible quote by me. Have never said how much we miss Lowery this season. I have never denied that I do not rate him and that remains to this day. At the same time I can see how you are possibly impressed by him, but when it comes to the crunch for the amount of games he plays his end product is not good. And yes I do not deny I made that comment, but I do not go on all the time to knock him down for every perceived fault. Like all Crewe players I would be pleased if he was successful.

Charlie's main problem is that the opposition know how talented he is, and often put 2 players on him.
    He also gets more than his fair share of fouls against him compared to the rest of the team. Again the opposition do anything to stop him 'playing' because they know he can hurt him.

Noticed in one game he was virtually standing next to pixie on the halfway line.
    He had pulled his markers out of position to create a pocket of space for others to run into ...

I do not constantly talk him down. However, I will admit that he frustrates me immensely. He is such a talented player who has huge potential but as AA said, he has been guilty of making poor decisions. He was very good last season and the first half of this season. However he does have an attitude problem. As for lambasting me for suggesting resting him, well I'm looking to the long term. He needs to forget about his recent poor form and just switch focus to next season when he can start afresh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12