+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Rovers

Bristol Rovers

So, we're playing the team at the bottom of the division who have already been relegated. Therefore, it should be a walk in the park for the Alex after Tuesday night's game. I can't believe that anyone on this site actually thinks that. The problem is the Alex don't work that way and over the years teams at the bottom bring out the worst performances in our team. Add to that the wounded tiger concept and the chances are we'll lose. However, we have, over the last 2 years managed to maintain a relatively good standard of play with the exception of the last couple of months. In other words, I think we can win. When(if) we score is going to be crucial. To kick a dog when it's down is best if you do it early with the hope that it loses any confidence that may have been pumped up before the game. I'm going for 2-0 to the reds. (wow, another clean sheet????)

By the way and off topic. Is Ryan Wintle only 23 (as reported on the OS)? If so we will at least get some money for him.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So, we're playing the team at the bottom of the division who have already been relegated. Therefore, it should be a walk in the park for the Alex after Tuesday night's game. I can't believe that anyone on this site actually thinks that. The problem is the Alex don't work that way and over the years teams at the bottom bring out the worst performances in our team. Add to that the wounded tiger concept and the chances are we'll lose. However, we have, over the last 2 years managed to maintain a relatively good standard of play with the exception of the last couple of months. In other words, I think we can win. When(if) we score is going to be crucial. To kick a dog when it's down is best if you do it early with the hope that it loses any confidence that may have been pumped up before the game. I'm going for 2-0 to the reds. (wow, another clean sheet????)

By the way and off topic. Is Ryan Wintle only 23 (as reported on the OS)? If so we will at least get some money for him.
    Yes he is 24 on June 13th

We won’t get as much, if anything, for him, though, as he only joined us when he was 17 so technically isn’t an Academy graduate. Same applies to Will of course.

and what's the picture with Ainley. Is there a hint that a Scottish club are after him?

Oh and Crouton and AA, what about some predictions?

Really hope they can carry on the form they showed midweek at Charlton.
    Lowery and Dale to run them ragged, and a brace for Charlie.
    Crewe to win 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Really hope they can carry on the form they showed midweek at Charlton.
    Lowery and Dale to run them ragged, and a brace for Charlie.
    Crewe to win 3-2
    It shouldn’t be a contest but we’re talking about the Alex here. Not much pressured on either side for different reasons. I fully expect the Alex to win by two clear goals🥴🥴.

Incidentally, anyone on here remember playing Rovers away in the cup many years ago (5 Jam 1991).
    Kenny Swain was at Left Back and the game was played at Bath, as they had no 'home ground' of their own at the time.
    Just for the record we won 2-0

I remember going to Twerton Park to see us play Rovers in the early 90s but reckon it might have been the play off semi final as I don’t recall getting cold and possibly wet on the open terracing!

As for todays’s match it should be straightforward especially if, as suggested, we score early. Barton has spent the past fortnight dissing the experienced members of his team, indeed saying most of he squad aren’t good enough or up for trying, so either he picks them because he has to or he picks youngsters. Either way it should be there for us this afternoon - emphasis on the should! If Ainley, Dale, Lowery and Kirk are on song I reckon we could get 3 or 4, but I’ll go for a repeat of the cup score mentioned by frog pole - two nil.

So Lowery injured? Is the same true of Wood or is Lancashire playing for a contract? And who is Williams?

I'm sorry but Charlie needs to be rested for the rest of the season. He's driving his ego into the ground. The falling over while faced with an open goal was a humiliation. Since then he has been half paced and half a player. That shot across the goal was really half-hearted. Finally, allowing a corner to happen in the last minute of the half was unforgivable. He needs a rocket or a rest.
    Let's hope we up the pace in the second half.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast