+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social Media Ban This Weekend.

I want to see a real attempt to get rid of racism in sport and elsewhere and I would rather this was done by putting pressure on Facebook & other social media than the useless knee taking before every football match. Are commentators contractually obliged to tell us each and every flippin time ad nauseam that they’re doing this to show there is no place for racism? I am absolutely sick and tired of it and that’s on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I want to see a real attempt to get rid of racism in sport and elsewhere and I would rather this was done by putting pressure on Facebook & other social media than the useless knee taking before every football match. Are commentators contractually obliged to tell us each and every flippin time ad nauseam that they’re doing this to show there is no place for racism? I am absolutely sick and tired of it and that’s on a good day.
    Me too Outwood, I agree there's no place for racism in football, or anywhere else for that matter, but why are they continually ramming this down my throat. All normal, sensible people know there's no place for racism, we don't need to be banged over the head about it before and during every game. The only people they need to get through to are the tiny minority of racist morons themselves, and they don't give a FF what Sky says, or whether virtue-signalling footballers get on their knees before a game, or not.

Even though us white folk can take the moral high ground, we cannot walk a mile or even a few yards in a black person's shoes. While the FA, FIFA, EUFA and the rest of the footballing bodies talk in ethical and political anti-racist parlance, I would suggest their efforts should be respected for trying to demonstrate a moral and anti-racist narrative, whilst adding their efforts are sanctimonious nonsense.

Encouraging players in pre-match taking the knee and stymying one weekend's worth of social media discourse will not make a scrap of difference to the pi$$ed up Apache who belts out his racist bollox from his perch on the soccer terraces or the rowdy supporter gang on the train or coach on the way home from a game.

We need a global reset about racism, picking on English football fans to sort out and "kick-out racism" and asking them to set a precedent to reverse a universally recognized standard of injustice and badness is bonkers plain and simple.

Have a look at what goes on amongst fans and supporters in the Bundesliga, and the Eredivisie and our lot look like angels in comparison.

For the FA, EFL and EPL to adopt this position of self-righteousness is failing to grasp the fact that a lot of the racist stuff that appears on the likes of Facebook and Twitter does not originate from within our shores. We all know they are too thick to grasp that fact.

On a happier note Chelsea have just whupped the Cottagers and I reckon three more points guarantees our safety. COYC!
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 02-05-2021 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Even though us white folk can take the moral high ground, we cannot walk a mile or even a few yards in a black person's shoes. While the FA, FIFA, EUFA and the rest of the footballing bodies talk in ethical and political anti-racist parlance, I would suggest their efforts should be respected for trying to demonstrate a moral and anti-racist narrative, whist adding their efforts are sanctimonious nonsense.

Encouraging players in pre-match taking the knee and stymying one weekend's worth of social media discourse will not make a scrap of difference to the pi$$ed up Apache who belts out his racist bollox from his perch on the soccer terraces or the rowdy supporter gang on the train or coach on the way home from a game.

We need a global reset about racism, picking on English football fans to sort out and "kick-out racism" and asking them to set a precedent to reverse a universally recognized standard of injustice and badness is bonkers plain and simple.

Have a look at what goes on amongst fans and supporters in the Bundesliga, and the Eredivisie and our lot look like angels in comparison.

For the FA, EFL and EPL to adopt this position of self-righteousness is failing to grasp the fact that a lot of the racist stuff that appears on the likes of Facebook and Twitter does not originate from within our shores. We all know they are too thick to grasp that fact.

On a happier note Chelsea have just whupped the Cottagers and I reckon three more points guarantees our safety. COYC!
    You forgot to mention Spain and Italy etc. etc. It is a worldwide problem and it is not just one sided!

Exactly supersub, Hamilton has had a load of stick in countries like Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    You forgot to mention Spain and Italy etc. etc. It is a worldwide problem and it is not just one sided!
    Bloody hell Supersub6 I was not writing an essay, if I wanted to get really serious about the hypocrisy about racism in football, I could have written a couple of paragraphs about how FIFA and EUFA allow eastern European fans' to hoot monkey chants against our English black players to go virtually unpunished.

Glad you got the gist of the argument though.

Errr, I've been off FB since Friday morn, has anything happened, have I missed something? just asking like..

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Errr, I've been off FB since Friday morn, has anything happened, have I missed something? just asking like..
    it what you posted thursday night - Kriti?....I didn't see anything wrong with it, but you know what they're like, but I think...they're looking for you...just lay low for a while, it'll blow over am sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)