+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nobody wants to manage Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Exactly!!!
    For about 3-5 mill a year i'd take the job, wouldn't you?

Personally think they are right in the ****e this season especially if they don't make the champagne Lge, The supporters are unhappy with levy and his merry men ie Super league, Kane will want out i reckon and they don't have a recognised manager who may or not be backed by a board that may not exist anymore!
    so you think you have problems!!!

Kane will still be there next season, his contract has 2 years to run and people won't be able to afford the cost of him - or rather the few clubs that could won't want him.

However, if he doesn't really want to be there. . .

I want him to piss off abroad so he doesn't break Shearer's record.

Great player but a dirty bastard who gets away wuth some shocking challenges because he's the media's darling.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    For about 3-5 mill a year i'd take the job, wouldn't you?
    If I was a millionaire already, had been warned by a former manager, club legend and good friend who had worked under Ashley not to take the job, and risk being hated by most of the people in my home town and supporters of the team I claim to support (as is the case with Bruce) then, no, I wouldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I want him to piss off abroad so he doesn't break Shearer's record.

Great player but a dirty bastard who gets away wuth some shocking challenges because he's the media's darling.
    Correct,was it Lejeune he done?

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Correct,was it Lejeune he done?
    Yep. Never been the same player since.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Yep. Never been the same player since.
    Nasty thing about him is that he's sneaky about it because he knows most officials turn a blind eye to it and he knows for the best part he'll get away with it. See a totally different attitude when he's the victim.

The likes of other nasties like Vinnie Jones and Nobby Styles took it on the chin when it was returned with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Nasty thing about him is that he's sneaky about it because he knows most officials turn a blind eye to it and he knows for the best part he'll get away with it. See a totally different attitude when he's the victim.

The likes of other nasties like Vinnie Jones and Nobby Styles took it on the chin when it was returned with interest.
    I wouldnt mind if it was a 2 way street and he took a slap now and again, but the ref looks after him. Our own big Al could dish it out, Neil Lennon headbutting his foot springs to mind that time, but he also took it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    If I was a millionaire already, had been warned by a former manager, club legend and good friend who had worked under Ashley not to take the job, and risk being hated by most of the people in my home town and supporters of the team I claim to support (as is the case with Bruce) then, no, I wouldn’t.
    He sadly does not have your scruples Sir, but then most of these ilk don't!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)