+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to sell Season Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Maybe a gradual normalisation of the ticket prices is the way to go. Without the numbers it is difficult know what the effect on the clubs finances will be. Getting more families and bringing in younger supporters as a result seems to me to be the key. How many of us were supporters because it was a family tradition? The club will know how much of their revenue comes from the pensioner concessions. Bringing the full price ST closer to the pensioner ST might be quite painless in terms of revenue. 1000 pensioner's pay £30 more for their ticket and 1500 full price ST drop by £20. Net effect on revenue is neutral.

What is the reaction to such an idea from you guys on here?
    In September 2012 I attended a fans meeting with a Q & A where Scot Gardiner gave a report about what was happening at Dens.
    In the Q & A section a question was asked about introducing a family membership season ticket.
    The Dundee supporter at the meeting explained that both he and his wife had season tickets plus their two children who were under 12 had a greatly reduced price £10 season ticket (it might have been a £1 season ticket).
    However there was a huge increase in price when a child became 13 as they were paying the same price as a student studying a further education paid for their season ticket. The Dundee supporter said that once children reached their ****s there were lots of alternative things they could do instead of going to Dens.
    Scot Gardiner said that he would take their concerns on board and nothing has been done.

I think it's a long term thing......I see no said "won't make much of a difference" but what is a difference.....an extra 300 to 500 in the ground would make a big difference at Dens, the atmosphere being encouraged rather than stamped on, the surroundings at least tidy, loads of small things add up to a lot.

A definitive answer on the ground situation would also help.

No one wants their club to fail, James Mcpake has by luck, default, hard work, managerial brilliance (take you're pick) gave us a wee chance, I hope the club can embrace if it happens and use it to galvanise the support if it dosent.

As i have said these are dangerous times post covid especially a club our size, habits have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You may change your tune when you are retired and have a reduced income. You just need to look at the people sitting in Main Stand at Dens. If the reduction for people aged 65 and over is ended then a lot of these supporters will give up purchasing their season ticket and attendances will fall even further at Dens Park.
    People when they get older feel the cold a lot more than when they were younger and sitting in a freezing cold Dens Park is not good for their health. Nowadays people can sit in their nice warm house watching up to the minute football scores on TV instead of waiting for the final score on the teleprinter.
    Islay your income is possibly reduced but so are you're outgoings and you have had 40 odd years to prepare.

You also have a minimum 2.5% increase every year, locked in guaranteed and guarnteed increase in your final salary scheme.

Compare and contrast with zero hour contract .....I cud ramble on....I'm no gonna.

There are so many more things young folk can spend their money on nowadays....what little they have.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I have a bit more faith in the older generation. If the increase was small, and they could see a reason for it, eg a better ticket price for families or the standard ST price, then I think they might be supportive. The point you make about the inclement weather and the ability to be involved via TV at home is a much more serious threat to football in general. Summer football?
    Summer football for me is a non starter. There are too many alternatives at that time of the year. People play golf during the smmer months whilst other people go fishing or playing bowls. When are the players going to get their end of season break from playing professional football.
    They will not fancy having it during the cold winter months.
    At the end of the Dunfermline home game just before Christmas 2019 an elderly gentleman was being helped down the stairs of the Main Stand as he had lost the feeling in his feet. It was not a particularly cold day
    If I was that gentleman I would not be rushing back to attend home games at Dens Park during the cold winter months.
    The game had finished in a 4-3 win for Dundee.

And switching home ends, would help the atmosphere, which in turn attracts a few more, which in turn creates a win or two more, which in turn creates a wee bit of excitement.

Pesky low lying winter sun.🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Islay your income is possibly reduced but so are you're outgoings and you have had 40 odd years to prepare.

You also have a minimum 2.5% increase every year, locked in guaranteed and guarnteed increase in your final salary scheme.

Compare and contrast with zero hour contract .....I cud ramble on....I'm no gonna.

There are so many more things young folk can spend their money on nowadays....what little they have.
    Any person who has been contracted out will never receive the full amount of new ‘big’ state pension which commenced in July 2016 and political parties are talking about ending the ‘triple lock’ on state pensions.
    Income for pensioners who have been employed all their lives drops when they become dependent on a company pension (superannuation) and their state pension both of with are taxable. Barbara Castle has a lot to answer for regarding the taxation of the state pension.
    All the political parties currently canvassing for votes at the Scottish Government elections on 6th May 2021 are throwing money at everyone apart from OAPs who have not been given a ‘bribe’ to vote for them. Interestingly it is the OAPs who religiously turn out to vote in elections while a lot of young people never bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    And switching home ends, would help the atmosphere, which in turn attracts a few more, which in turn creates a win or two more, which in turn creates a wee bit of excitement.

Pesky low lying winter sun.��
    It is difficult to change ends in a segregated all seated stadium.

It is difficult to change ends in a segregated all seated stadium.
    No sure if you are being serious.

I meant making the home end the tck.

On the contrary I have previously read posts about Dundee supporters not renewing their season ticket because they had changed their employment which has resulted in them not being able to attend enough home games to justify purchasing a season ticket.
    A number of new golf clubs owned by by private companies now offer as an alternative to a full membership the opportunity for people to purchase 20 rounds of golf throughout the season and they can purchase extra rounds of golf at a reduced rate.
    It would be interesting to know how many people purchase a season ticket at Dens for the next season having never had one before.
    Three years ago a couple of Dundee supporters using their owner initiative carried out an investigation headed Dundee Football Club Season Tickets and PATG Price Study. https://www.dee4life.com/files/15538...cingReport.pdf
    It was carried out during the 2017-18 season when we were in the Premier League. After completing the enclosed study they sent it to John Nelms. They never received a reply let alone an acknowledgement from John Nelms.
    This study has been sitting in the Download and Minutes section of the Dee4life Trust website for over the past two years and it is well worth a read.
    That's not a report on a study though; it's an essay based on comparison, assumption and opinion.

If this was sent to me I'd read the title and expect there would be some research based results to digest so I'd go to the executive summary - there isn't one - so I'd go to the end summary. I'd see the acronym IMO and I'd immediately write the 'study' off. John Nelms is quite a busy guy and I expect that's pretty much what he's done. If he did read any more of the end summary he'd see criticism of his policies.

Are you really surprised he didn't respond to it? I'm not.

You may change your tune when you are retired and have a reduced income. You just need to look at the people sitting in Main Stand at Dens. If the reduction for people aged 65 and over is ended then a lot of these supporters will give up purchasing their season ticket and attendances will fall even further at Dens Park.
    People when they get older feel the cold a lot more than when they were younger and sitting in a freezing cold Dens Park is not good for their health. Nowadays people can sit in their nice warm house watching up to the minute football scores on TV instead of waiting for the final score on the teleprinter.
    You've basically justified why we need to be encouraging younger fans along.

When I retire my income will reduce, but not by enough to outweigh the savings I'll make by not commuting, paying a mortgage and the like.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)