Apparently at 4 clubs are being linked with Owen Dale. Now I know he's scored some great goals but I wasn't expecting that yet. However, 2 of those clubs are in our division (and hopefully next season) so if I was him, though they consider themselves 'big clubs', I wouldn't go near them when I could develop here and really score goals next season and then gain even more attention. Whatever, he has to be offered improved terms now, not next season.
We have enough moving out at the end of this season as it is, without more names being added to the list.
Ainley seems to be being the latest primadonna (or at least the agent is). I thought a strategy had been put in place to stop people playing out their contracts! To my mind DA is right to say that Ainley needs a full season (at least) of first team football to develop himself, otherwise he will remain, no matter where he goes, an almost made it player.
After listening to the Steve Phillips interview on the Railwaymen podcast, I imagine Ainley is one of those, having spent all his footballing life at Crewe, that doesn't realise that the level of coaching at many other clubs is not the same as he has experienced at the Alex. In other words, he could be going somewhere where it will be sink or swim.