Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
Jules , I'm guessing the current situation at the dog botherers is possibly fueling your take on the possibility of PL football .

I don't know where all the money went either , I listen to this shyte almost every day at work , it's gone , get over it I think to myself .

My opinion of these owners of ours is well documented on here but what I will say is this , they are business people and not fans like Hoyle with emotional ties .

I suspect they will make business decisions should we land the PL bounty and not lose all sense of reality .

The question of VAR is an interesting one , personally I don't like it one bit however give or take its levelled the playing field for the smaller clubs at that level in my opinion .

Think back to our time in the PL in 98 when we got absolutely feck all , Dublin's dive , Shearer's antics , the Liverpool home game .

None of that would have happened today in my opinion , VAR works two ways as annoying as it is .

The KO times I'll concede , extremely tough on people who don't work the monday to friday 8 till 4 pattern and Saturday and Sunday lunchtime is no time to be attending a football match .

That's unfortunately never going to change , that's why you get the millions , you can't have it both ways .

If the daft feckers want to give us £100m for a single season in the PL it's not to be sniffed at and could and should sustain us as a decent championship club for quite a while .

The boost to the town's economy is also worth mentioning in these difficult times .

The whole community will get a huge boost and we will have achieved something very very special along the way .

Done right , it could be the making of us rather than what's occured over the hill .
It's a great point Animal. Businesses have felt the pinch of this pandemic. Promotion will boost the local economy no end. I also understand Jules views abart our football club wanting success but not necessarily liking the prize. Maybe if them so called Super teams in the premiership fekked off and helped to form the European Super league, the game would come back darn to earth and some realism might creep back into English football while the money and investment guz elsewhere.