+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PNE v Barnsley Match Thoughts

PNE v Barnsley Match Thoughts

I don't know what to make of tomorrow's game over at Deepdale to tell the truth .

The only time I recall us having clinched a play off place with games or game remaining was in the 1999/2000 campaign when we hosted Crewe Alexandra at home on the final day .

We lost 2-0 and it was an half hearted effort on our part as I can remember despite the fact the home areas were sold out with reds in the entire North Stand and Alex fans limited to the north side of the West Stand .

Don't get me wrong I don't want to lose the game and I'd love us to attain 80 points , however I'm keen to avoid Bournemouth in the semi final and not pick up any injuries .

A draw wouldn't be the worst result tomorrow going forward I reckon .

We just need to play one twos around Lindsay who got a turning circle like the QE2

I don't know what to make of it either animal, so just going to relax and watch it with no stress 😎. I actually think that val won't be bothered who he gets in the semis. He just seems the type of bloke that's confident in his team's ability and will therefore face whatever comes his way.

I enta clue abart this game. Preston already on beach and we surely will rest a few with the play offs in mind. Difficult one to call.

Chance for Herbie to stake a claim in place of Mowatt. Oduor in for Styles and Williams in for Brittain. Front 3 ad gu Victor darn middle wi Chaplin and Woodrow flanking him. Bring some of the regulars on for last aif hour to keep them match sharp.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    We just need to play one twos around Lindsay who got a turning circle like the QE2
    Were more likely to play over the top of him Doggy.

The way I'd play the next two games having given it a bit of thought is this .

Have a look at the data from the fitness guys and sports scientist at the club and decide who needs a rest tomorrow if anybody .

For the Norwich game we go with our strongest side that we believe can win us the game against the Canaries .

A good strong opposition to get the juices flowing for the play off campaign and I think we need to take advantage of that because absolutely no way will Norwich be on the beach even with the championship trophy in the bag .

The Norwich game could be of huge benefit to us given the post season task that awaits if we approach it the right way .

There's then an 8 day break until the first leg of the semi final .

Just typing that final paragraph gives me goosebumps .

Wow , this is incredibly exciting isn't it ? .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The way I'd play the next two games having given it a bit of thought is this .

Have a look at the data from the fitness guys and sports scientist at the club and decide who needs a rest tomorrow if anybody .

For the Norwich game we go with our strongest side that we believe can win us the game against the Canaries .

A good strong opposition to get the juices flowing for the play off campaign and I think we need to take advantage of that because absolutely no way will Norwich be on the beach even with the championship trophy in the bag .

The Norwich game could be of huge benefit to us given the post season task that awaits if we approach it the right way .

There's then an 8 day break until the first leg of the semi final .

Just typing that final paragraph gives me goosebumps .

Wow , this is incredibly exciting isn't it ? .
    Int it just! Up theear wi the biggest games this club has ever had are these play offs in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Int it just! Up theear wi the biggest games this club has ever had are these play offs in my opinion.
    Absolutely Pass , tha could argue the biggest given the financial rewards available today .

I've booked a days holiday for Monday the 17th of May .

Feck knows why , we may not kick off till 8.15pm .

:-) :-) :-)
    Last edited by animallittle3; 30-04-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Absolutely Pass , tha could argue the biggest given the financial rewards available today .

I've booked a days holiday for Monday the 17th of May .

Feck knows why , we may not kick off till 8.15pm .

:-) :-) :-)
    Tha'll need Tuesday off an all wi hangova tha'll ev

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Tha'll need Tuesday off an all wi hangova tha'll ev
    From what I read other than our play off competitors the whole country is behind us .

From Carlisle to Plymouth Argyle .

The reason , because we've done this thus far on two bob .

It gives everyone hope that even today you can still dream ....................... just !!! .

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast