+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Stephen Glass’ Aberdeen v drug dealer’s eleven

Quote Originally Posted by sonofrgmsdad View Post
    Agree with most of that. A brave move by Brown given he could have stayed where he was. He did indicate that we offered a two year deal and a move to learn coaching compared to Celtic's offer of one year with no manager to approve any coaching role. He said he had to be selfish and look after himself and I guess that made his decision more difficult. Does suggest that our financial offer was good enough given the added benefit of coaching.

A few years with the next best club he could be with after, his first choice, sets him up for a good move into management when he is ready.

For our side I do think that Brown signing is a massive boost in our recruitment campaign because it sends out a very strong signal of our intent to improve. Most players will be impressed that we've managed to sign Brown.

Come on ewe redz.
    Sorry but I just don’t agree that signing a 35 year old bit part player at the end of his career sends out a strong signal of intent. I’ll happily be proved wrong but from what I’ve seen over the last season or so he is a shadow of the player he was and getting dirtier by the game. He doesn’t go box to box any more and won’t get away with 20 fouls a game before he gets booked when he’s playing for us. I honestly think he’s looking at a minimum of 2 red cards next season. And as for the winning mentality bit folk keep banging on about the minute Sevco put a challenge up him and his mates folded like a pack of cards. He also has zero coaching experience.
    Opinions and all that so each to their own but I just don’t think this is the right move for us.

You might be right (although I don't agree). But even if you are right, it may be that his presence helps us attract talent. In which case, it could be a good move in any case. Will be interesting to see what kind of signings we make over the close season. If Gallagher comes, that's a start at least in my book. Pairing him with McCrorie at centre back would be a step up from where we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    You might be right (although I don't agree). But even if you are right, it may be that his presence helps us attract talent. In which case, it could be a good move in any case. Will be interesting to see what kind of signings we make over the close season. If Gallagher comes, that's a start at least in my book. Pairing him with McCrorie at centre back would be a step up from where we are now.
    I was actually thinking that earlier today - one big brute who’ll defend for his life, and one with pace and a bit more ability on the ball. I would certainly see that as an improvement. I really do think that mccrorie needs to find a settled position and I can’t see it being in midfield with Brown and Ferguson (and potentially mcgeouch, Campbell and maybe McGrath) here next season. I don’t think he works as a right back either, so centreback seems the best fit.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789