+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turkey on the red list

Turkey on the red list

So the plastic fans won't be able to make the trip to the Billionaire's final.

Why on earth was this game being played in Turkey anyway? It should have been rescheduled for Wembley.

Here's the red list.https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Israel-17.html
    Won't effect me, we don't go abroad anymore.
    But if we did, we would give it a miss this year.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Why on earth was this game being played in Turkey anyway? It should have been rescheduled for Wembley.
    Can't be held at Wembley as things stand Phil', that's playoff weekend.

Millennium Stadium would be a better choice.

A far better stadium than Wembley as well.

Doesn't even have to be a big stadium, just any size that would allow the maximum safe number of supporters as a trial event. Might as well play it on a park's pitch to be honest though as I and I guesstimate many others won't bother paying for the subscription to watch it anyway. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Doesn't even have to be a big stadium, just any size that would allow the maximum safe number of supporters as a trial event. Might as well play it on a park's pitch to be honest though as I and I guesstimate many others won't bother paying for the subscription to watch it anyway. Again.
    Hi, according to the rules the stadium has to have a 60k seats, which rules aston out.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi, according to the rules the stadium has to have a 60k seats, which rules aston out.
    Sod the rules, hardly anyone will be sat in them anyway. What's the difference between playing in a largely empty stadium with less empty and unneeded seats, and a largely empty bigger stadium with even more unneeded seats? Just more unneeded seats. That's it. Completely pointless red tape for the sake of red tape......

........ and before I forget FTV anyway 😊 .

A good job too. It would have been absolute lunacy to have thousands of fans visiting a country which has the highest infection rate in Europe. I don't mind if it's played in Istanbul behind closed doors or in this country. It would make sense to play it over here though.

Personally, I couldn’t care less about the CL final, I don’t subscribe to BT Sport and I don’t even bother looking at the results. Play it on Mars for all I care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)