+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Match Thread vs. Altrincham 01.05.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    And still 0-0 after the penalty shootout.
    It would be 0-0 with Reeves needing to convert the final penalty to win it. Unfortunately he passes it backwards! 😂

Not too sure whether many of us would want to see extended ''highlights''. Here you go.............

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Not too sure whether many of us would want to see extended ''highlights''. Here you go.............

That will be thirty seconds of my life that I'll never get back.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

Our goal, do Turner and Ellis even care that we scored? Walking back like 2 old blokes in the park, not in the slightest bit inclined to celebrate or congratulate the scorer of an excellent goal LOL

The goal we conceded is systematic of the problems we have all highlighted in terms of passing backwards. Brinkley breaks forward and cuts inside, Enzio goes outside of him in an advanced position and all the space in the world. Brindley passes the ball backwards, one pass and a poor touch later we lose possession and concede.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The goal we conceded is systematic of the problems we have all highlighted in terms of passing backwards. Brinkley breaks forward and cuts inside, Enzio goes outside of him in an advanced position and all the space in the world. Brindley passes the ball backwards, one pass and a poor touch later we lose possession and concede.
    This. Passing backwards to retain possession when there’s no better option on is fine - for that goal we conceded there’s a man ahead of the ball in loads of space!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’m glad others spotted this. I was shouting at the screen when the ball didn’t go to the overlap in acres of space. Totally symptomatic of the backwards mentality we seem to have this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    I’m glad others spotted this. I was shouting at the screen when the ball didn’t go to the overlap in acres of space. Totally symptomatic of the backwards mentality we seem to have this season.
    Yes it is. The worst of this was in one game I can't remember which but we had the ball in the oppositions corner and passed all the way back to our midfield at the halfway line before starting again, when if we were more attack minded we could and should have got a cross into the box or something.

As long as Enzio remained on side if Brindley had passed forward Enzio to complete the little one two, Enzio could have either crossed the ball into the box as we had two players on the edge of the box, or carried out his trademark cut in and maybe had a shot himself.

When losing the ball as the player runs into our half there are three Notts players in front of the ball and three immediately behind with one advanced Alrincham player. What happens next shows our lack of pace in midfield as by the time the ball get's to the Alrincham final third we have been beaten for pace by advancing Altrincham players. The player that scores is quite some way behind the ball at the start of the attacking move but then keeps running and has all the time and space in our half to receive the ball to then have a shot.

Next season we will need more energy and grit in midfield certainly box to box as many have said on here previously, more forward thinking in our passing. Add to that some of Mo Ross's animals to spoil and break up play when out of possession and put a tackle in before the ball get's to the edge of our box, rather than waiting for the opposition to make a mistake with a bad pass or poor control.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122