+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So to the last day

I hate the club and I'm a supporter of 25 years, its a cesspit at the minute and you can put it at the feet of one man and you all know who it is I don't have to spell it out

I hope we drop, we deserve it no two ways about it, the mess that's been created since 2014 has been nothing short of a disgrace and that is all down to one clown

I was hoping Sheff Weds would join us, so from that end I'm now hoping Rotherham win on Tuesday to all but relegate them and then us and them can play out a feast of football 0-0 with Rotherham winning next week to sink the pair of our shameless clubs.

We had everything going for us, a good squad with good young players in it, a stadium we owned, debt free, we were the full package ready for the premiership we just needed a bit of patience and 1 or 2 players ie players to replace the main two in case they got injured

The bald headed t*at who shall not be named by me again on this forum can **** off next week, take those idiots he calls coaches with him, and Wooney can feck off back to his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    We're down, it's over. We threw it away long before today.
    We needed 1 point essentially from those past 6 games and got none, we've been nothing short of a disgrace for months, in fact its so bas I'm convinced this is inner sabotage from the bald one that shall not be named.

6 losses against sides with nothing to play for, the 6 sides that have barely any effort in themselves so it show how sodding bad its got down there it must be said. Forest wont miss us and I wont miss them, at least if Sheff Weds come down with us we can swap jokes about our respective c*ntz for owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Well this is a story that football always wants. I got my wish, that it will go down to the last day. But in so many ways it is surreal.

Remember the fun had at my expense, as we threw away the play offs and only had to avoid a 3 goal defeat on the last day?
    Talk about boomerang, what comes back etc.

Well done, for giving us all something to watch.
    Fair comment Tricky. You took a lot of last day stick last season and as you say...what goes around comes around.

It’s all a bit strange...I still believe you have a deeply suspect owner but, in his Covid related absence, you’ve somehow managed to get absolutely the right manager in place and his impact, and signings, have been there for all to see.

In comparison we have a decent man and genuine lifelong DCFC fan as owner, but he has made lots of mistakes and been let down numerous times. I for one didn’t realise it at the time, and so this is admittedly a bit ‘Capt. Hindsight’...but the appointment of Rooney has proved disastrous and his January signings were woeful.

Can’t see us being saved by ‘fate’. Hope we are, but I think fortune deserted us at the time of Bielik’s injury...when that happened Rooney suddenly had to deal with the hand that Cocu was dealt and he has been found seriously lacking ever since.

I agree about MM, he is a super fellow who is honest, genuine and as big a supporter as we all are. His love for DCFC is clear for all to see and he did everything he could to bring success to the club and it has cost him a lot of his personal wealth but when the day of reckoning comes he has overseen the Club's total and utter implosion and he alone has to accept responsibility.
    Yes Managers, coaches, players, the recruitment team and his advisors have all contributed to our demise but, and it's a big but, he appointed them! Looking at his managerial appointments alone there is no common theme with no clear plan and obvious policy and to round off that merry go round, when the club is at the bottom of the league and desperate for stability, he gives a two and half year deal to a complete rookie! What the hell was that all about? No offence to Wayne but as the fans would now be chanting if in the ground 'you do not know what you're doing'! I'm sorry but that also applies Mel and that is quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Fair comment Tricky. You took a lot of last day stick last season and as you say...what goes around comes around.

It’s all a bit strange...I still believe you have a deeply suspect owner but, in his Covid related absence, you’ve somehow managed to get absolutely the right manager in place and his impact, and signings, have been there for all to see.

In comparison we have a decent man and genuine lifelong DCFC fan as owner, but he has made lots of mistakes and been let down numerous times. I for one didn’t realise it at the time, and so this is admittedly a bit ‘Capt. Hindsight’...but the appointment of Rooney has proved disastrous and his January signings were woeful.

Can’t see us being saved by ‘fate’. Hope we are, but I think fortune deserted us at the time of Bielik’s injury...when that happened Rooney suddenly had to deal with the hand that Cocu was dealt and he has been found seriously lacking ever since.
    I don't think thinking Rooney was a poor appointment is hindsight, I mean a player whose coaching experience was virtually nil, who hasn't completed the required courses, as I posted at the time, many up and coming managers who had experience and the qualifications must have looked at that appointment and thought, what's the point of regulations if a "name" player can get appointed without being qualified to do so?

Admittedly to start with the change of manager seemed to work, even I was thinking maybe Rooney has what it takes (though I cannot think he is particularly motivating for a player. But I also wondered if McClaren was assisting from the side-lines.

Now there are rumours that McClren is isolated from the manager and coaching staff, is that a factor in our piss poor showing over the last few games?

Whatever, we had it in our gift to avoid this debacle and have consistently failed to deliver, we can have no complaints if we go down, indeed but for Wednesday's 6 pts deduction we would be down. We may pull off the great escape next week, assuming Rotherham don't manage to win their games, but can anyone see this lot actually winning another game this season?

AS for Mel, well yes a local owner who put a lot of money in and may have been let down, but the complex financial issues at the club suggest that he has ****ed it up royally, he has take his share of the blame in the end he made the decisions - one only has to look at Norwich, a well run club, operates within financial limits to see that it could all have been so different.

DCFC may be over egging the hyperbole, but in essence we are where we are due to serious mismanagement.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

DCFC may be over egging the hyperbole, but in essence we are where we are due to serious mismanagement.
    ‘Egging the hyperbole’ is one way of putting it. Sheer nastiness and kicking a man when he’s down are the words I’d choose.

Agree about the serious mismanagement but, imo and from what I understand, Morris has been seriously let down by a variety of individuals including, to a greater or lesser degree, Sam Rush, Steve McClaren, Paul Clement, Frank Lampard, Jacob Butterfield, Tom Lawrence, Mason Bennett and Richard Keogh.
    That’s just my generally uninformed take on things, but I would be somewhere between disappointed to totally pissed off with those individuals if I were MM.

Sorry rA but Mel's been around long enough to know how the cookie crumbles in the football world! I am sure he doesn't blame any of his appointments in the sense of them 'letting him down' but rather that he is disappointed that they didn't achieve what he believes they were capable of. It just didn't work out in most cases, in some (Lampard) cases the simple principal of putting number one first applied and that is now the norm. Rooney for eg. thought we were a vehicle to transport him to the top of the management world! As it turns out he may have dealt his career path terminal damage.
    In short MM made bad decisions all round which he tried to make work by throwing money at the club. Unfortunately, for the fans, the club and himself all the dominoes have fell over and somebody has to now pick up and start again probably in the 3rd tier! Good luck to them.

‘Egging the hyperbole’ is one way of putting it. Sheer nastiness and kicking a man when he’s down are the words I’d choose.

Agree about the serious mismanagement but, imo and from what I understand, Morris has been seriously let down by a variety of individuals including, to a greater or lesser degree, Sam Rush, Steve McClaren, Paul Clement, Frank Lampard, Jacob Butterfield, Tom Lawrence, Mason Bennett and Richard Keogh.
    That’s just my generally uninformed take on things, but I would be somewhere between disappointed to totally pissed off with those individuals if I were MM.
    Agree about the nasty tone of the attack, but as for the poor management and decision making, that can only be laid at Mel's door. Anything else is just a smokescreen Mel's the one who made the decisions regarding financial opaqueness, why? Mel made the decision to appoint the various managers, as for Rush, mm little has been heard about what he may or may not have done which again suggests he was a convenient scapegoat.

If you own the club and hold the purse strings, then you also get your advice from where you choose and appoint the key staff - yes some players have not performed, but thats par for the course at any club, its the managers and advisers and the decisions Mel took. History may well show he took a club from the top end of the championship and got them to League 1 blowing millions along the way - Mel's accountable for that nobody else - if the reverse had happened he'd be taking the credit for sure!

I agree with much of what has been written by mac and Swale above and I’d never dispute that MM has made ‘bad decisions all round’. It wasn’t however his fault that McClaren behaved the way he allegedly did, that Butterfield appeared to show about as much enthusiasm for wearing a Derby shirt as any of us would for playing in red, that Lampard/Chelsea took so long to decide what was happening, that Lawrence and Bennett opted to drink and drive or that the club captain decided it was a good idea to get a lift home with someone who was unfit to drive. Neither is it MM’s fault that we are 90/92 clubs in terms of putting the ball in the net and are utterly dreadful at set pieces.

Still the way things have gone at Old Trafford this afternoon I’m looking forward to DCFCA leading an unholy alliance of Swale, OTR and Angry in a match delaying demonstration against MM on the Pride Park pitch next Saturday.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 02-05-2021 at 03:37 PM.

The bald one has lurched from one idiotic decision to another, none of his decisions have made an ounce of sense, he almost got away with it with Lampard who had major contacts in the game and was able to bring in some good quality youngsters in Tomori (Major player for AC Milan) Mason Mount (Major player for Chelsea) and a good championship quality player in Wilson. But every other decision has made little sense as we've gone on, he sacked McClaren first time around because we collapsed yet you can put that down to injuries to key players in key positions? He should have been given another season with the main players back when you move on to the next feck up in appointing Clement, who himself had us 5th in the league and was sacked for a poor run of games,, Wassall then given the job and turns it around and makes the playoffs, losing narrowly to Hull, is then ****ed of back to the kiddie job and in pops Pearson, who is given free rein to rip it up but is then sacked 10 games into it because 4th bottom and still getting to grips with system changes... in comes McClaren again, we turn it around instantly and storm up the league into 4th, a minor blip and a poor of games sees him sacked number 3, in comes Rowett who gets us into the playoffs but is then pressured to leave despite doing wrong... in comes Lampard who does the dirty on us... In comes Cocu who is a disaster but wasn't sacked he decided to just walk he'd had enough... in comes the bloke who can't string a sentence together, who's been an absolute cluster**** for 3 months now but strangely the bald one wont sack him despite sacking managers for a hell of a lot less than this, sacking managers who had us in the playoff places ffs... The man hasn't a fecking clue what he's doing.

And there one glaring hole in all of this... None of those managers had a clear plan behind them, they all had totally different styles and thus the football has become a total none entity. Clueless ain't the word for it, he's done this on purpose because a so called multi millionaire businessman isn't that incompetent surely to god?.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)