+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So to the last day

Apparently there's talk of a vultures circling for our "good players"... Where the laughing spider man meme when you need it hahaha

There's not one good player in that squad, not for us anyway so they can pi*ss off for nowt if I was in charge

Lawrence? Waghorn? Jozwiak? jesus christ and to think we had decent quality before the bald one arrived with his "Derby Way"...

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    The bald one has lurched from one idiotic decision to another, none of his decisions have made an ounce of sense, he almost got away with it with Lampard who had major contacts in the game and was able to bring in some good quality youngsters in Tomori (Major player for AC Milan) Mason Mount (Major player for Chelsea) and a good championship quality player in Wilson. But every other decision has made little sense as we've gone on, he sacked McClaren first time around because we collapsed yet you can put that down to injuries to key players in key positions? He should have been given another season with the main players back when you move on to the next feck up in appointing Clement, who himself had us 5th in the league and was sacked for a poor run of games,, Wassall then given the job and turns it around and makes the playoffs, losing narrowly to Hull, is then ****ed of back to the kiddie job and in pops Pearson, who is given free rein to rip it up but is then sacked 10 games into it because 4th bottom and still getting to grips with system changes... in comes McClaren again, we turn it around instantly and storm up the league into 4th, a minor blip and a poor of games sees him sacked number 3, in comes Rowett who gets us into the playoffs but is then pressured to leave despite doing wrong... in comes Lampard who does the dirty on us... In comes Cocu who is a disaster but wasn't sacked he decided to just walk he'd had enough... in comes the bloke who can't string a sentence together, who's been an absolute cluster**** for 3 months now but strangely the bald one wont sack him despite sacking managers for a hell of a lot less than this, sacking managers who had us in the playoff places ffs... The man hasn't a fecking clue what he's doing.

And there one glaring hole in all of this... None of those managers had a clear plan behind them, they all had totally different styles and thus the football has become a total none entity. Clueless ain't the word for it, he's done this on purpose because a so called multi millionaire businessman isn't that incompetent surely to god?.
    Sure...you’re right about some things but hopelessly wrong about your main criticism.
    Who do you think made financing the arrival of Tomori, Mount, Wilson and even Lampard possible?
    Have you forgotten McClaren telling everyone about wanting to go to Newcastle?
    Clement actually had us top on Boxing Day when we beat Fulham but then we went into freefall, lost to Hartlepool(?) I think in the Cup, the football was dreadful and his sacking was for ‘non football’ reasons anyway.
    Can’t argue with you about the treatment of Wassall, or the bizarre Pearson episode, and the Rooney ‘experiment’ has backfired badly, but why would MM ever have ‘done this’ - got us facing likely relegation - ‘on purpose’...that just makes absolutely no sense at all.

Its the financing of those disasters (in the main) that's led us here

Lampard and his contacts wouldn't have cost a penny we got them on freebies

Of course he didn't do it 'on purpose', everything he's done has been, in his opinion, for the betterment of DCFC. No question about that. But he has made decisions that have seriously backfired and for those he must be accountable. Most of those bad decisions has cost us to the extent that the clubs finances are 'on the edge'. Accounts haven't been filed since god knows when and creative accounting has been required to meet FFP. He's discussed selling the club to at least two parties and yet neither seem to have any brass and one became involved in decision making without tipping up one penny! He's had a running feud with the EFL for years and we seem to be the most unpopular club in the league.
    Either way history won't be very kind to him, took over a club in reasonable health, left a club in the S h I t! Shame but that's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I agree with much of what has been written by mac and Swale above and I’d never dispute that MM has made ‘bad decisions all round’. It wasn’t however his fault that McClaren behaved the way he allegedly did, that Butterfield appeared to show about as much enthusiasm for wearing a Derby shirt as any of us would for playing in red, that Lampard/Chelsea took so long to decide what was happening, that Lawrence and Bennett opted to drink and drive or that the club captain decided it was a good idea to get a lift home with someone who was unfit to drive. Neither is it MM’s fault that we are 90/92 clubs in terms of putting the ball in the net and are utterly dreadful at set pieces.

Still the way things have gone at Old Trafford this afternoon I’m looking forward to DCFCA leading an unholy alliance of Swale, OTR and Angry in a match delaying demonstration against MM on the Pride Park pitch next Saturday.
    Did Mel not reappoint McClaren, twice? Has he not sanctioned large transfer fees for players like Butterfield? Has he not for some unknown reason engaged in financial chicanery to keep within FFP? Is the club financially now worse off than when he took over? How come Norwich can achieve what they have done without ****ing things up financially? Did he appoint Rooney? Seems entranced with so called "big" naes when there are more able lesser known managers out there.

What happened with Rowatt and Mel? Come on rA your defence of Mel Morris's handling of this club is laughable, he has ****ed it up big time!

Oh dear DCFCA, your grip on things that happened more than a week ago seems as foggy as ever. rA has put you right on a few of your errors. Here's another, Pearson was sacked due to an alleged altercation over Mel's proposed sacking of idiakez for allegedly chinning palyer during training. That escalated to Pearson having to be pulled off Mel. Under those circumstances, what gaffer wouldn't sack the employee responsible?

Clement? He had a list of KPI's he had to keep to and had monthly meetings with MM to discuss progress/compliance. He failed to meet the KPI's and was relieved of his duties after failing to meet/comply despite having been told where it was all heading if he didn't mend his ways.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Did Mel not reappoint McClaren, twice? Has he not sanctioned large transfer fees for players like Butterfield? Has he not for some unknown reason engaged in financial chicanery to keep within FFP? Is the club financially now worse off than when he took over? How come Norwich can achieve what they have done without ****ing things up financially? Did he appoint Rooney? Seems entranced with so called "big" naes when there are more able lesser known managers out there.

What happened with Rowatt and Mel? Come on rA your defence of Mel Morris's handling of this club is laughable, he has ****ed it up big time!
    Tell me where I’ve said MM hasn’t made mistakes and messed up and you’d have a point Swale...but I haven’t, I’ve just defended him against those who’ve suggested there’s been something malicious or deliberate about his undoubted errors of judgement.

Are Norwich a better run club? Undoubtedly. Yes, he made a mistake, imo, reappointing McClaren and the Rooney appointment looks doomed.
    I don’t know what happened with Rowett but I don’t think MM can be criticised for ‘sanctioning large transfer fees for players like Butterfield’...I doubt he actually ‘talent spots’ players any more than any other owner. As I remember it there was widespread panic after opening day injuries to Hughes and Bryson which resulted in MM digging deep to bring in Bradley Johnson and Jacob Butterfield...I’d have thought that MM’s willingness to spend was a sign of his commitment, the fact that the players identified didn’t work out is down to others including the individuals themselves.

Ultimately MM’s spell of ownership has ended, much as Lionel Pickering’s did, in failure, but, imo, it wasn’t for want of trying. Easy to kick a man when he’s down but, again imo, both Morris and Pickering have been two of Derby’s most committed and well intentioned owners.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tell me where I’ve said MM hasn’t made mistakes and messed up and you’d have a point Swale...but I haven’t, I’ve just defended him against those who’ve suggested there’s been something malicious or deliberate about his undoubted errors of judgement.

Are Norwich a better run club? Undoubtedly. Yes, he made a mistake, imo, reappointing McClaren and the Rooney appointment looks doomed.
    I don’t know what happened with Rowett but I don’t think MM can be criticised for ‘sanctioning large transfer fees for players like Butterfield’...I doubt he actually ‘talent spots’ players any more than any other owner. As I remember it there was widespread panic after opening day injuries to Hughes and Bryson which resulted in MM digging deep to bring in Bradley Johnson and Jacob Butterfield...I’d have thought that MM’s willingness to spend was a sign of his commitment, the fact that the players identified didn’t work out is down to others including the individuals themselves.

Ultimately MM’s spell of ownership has ended, much as Lionel Pickering’s did, in failure, but, imo, it wasn’t for want of trying. Easy to kick a man when he’s down but, again imo, both Morris and Pickering have been two of Derby’s most committed and well intentioned owners.
    The accusation that he has been malicious or deliberately ****ed things up is I agree ludicrous, but there are serious questions over the financial arrangements at the club, thats down to Mel and Mel alone, yes he may have been trying to achieve success, but surely one would take a look at how other more stable clubs manage things rather than invent ever more opaque ways of financing things?

Surely having a budget and not throwing cash at dubious players would have been more sensible - the team not performing is one thing, the fact we are financially embarrassed is pure bad management and the buck for that stops with Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The accusation that he has been malicious or deliberately ****ed things up is I agree ludicrous, but there are serious questions over the financial arrangements at the club, thats down to Mel and Mel alone, yes he may have been trying to achieve success, but surely one would take a look at how other more stable clubs manage things rather than invent ever more opaque ways of financing things?

Surely having a budget and not throwing cash at dubious players would have been more sensible - the team not performing is one thing, the fact we are financially embarrassed is pure bad management and the buck for that stops with Mel.
    My argument has only ever been that he has acted with the best of intentions and that the accusations that he has deliberately or maliciously messed things up are ludicrous. Glad you agree.

Your comments about learning from more stable clubs makes perfect sense but I honestly think the responsibility for ‘throwing cash at dubious players’ lies elsewhere. He provided, and lost, the cash, but I don’t think the long list of dodgy signings from the last five or so years is down to MM and that’s one of a number of areas where, imo, he’s been badly let down. Aren’t managers, coaches and scouts likely to have more input in the players we sign?

If we are found to have transgressed financial rules then I will have to reconsider my opinion. At the moment I am unaware of any evidence for that.
    As for being in a worse place than we were when he took over. After being relegated in 2008 we wandered around the lower reaches of the Championship flirting with relegation until McClaren’s very fondly remembered seven month ‘flash in the pan’ season. If memory serves, McClaren’s second (first full) season in charge was a major disappointment. MM took over and we’ve made the play offs three times, under Wassall, Rowett and Lampard, since. The last two seasons have been hugely disappointing and, obviously, no one can argue that our current position looks desperate, but I believe we can all think of individuals who are all more culpable for that than MM.

Yes, we got to the play offs on three occasions but at what cost and where are these managers now?? Apparently they were successful but they are no longer at PP.
    Then you consider Lampard and Rooney in particular! Yes, Lamps was successful but surely it was obvious that his sights were higher than us. He was allowed to bring in three top notch players but again at what cost? If he was successful he would get a bigger assignment than us and if he failed then it was more money up the shoot. A lose lose situation which gambled on promo as the payback, but there was no payback and we lost Lampard and the loaners. Rooney, well that beggars belief why he was even brought to Derby, just more money pissed up the wall.
    He had a hand in all the other financial gambles in fees, wages, various managers but he alone made many other gambles which have seriously damaged the club and this last one has put the final nail in the coffin.
    A lovely bloke who has made too many bad decisions. He has to take the flak.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)