+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: So to the last day

I find it even more laughable that fans sit there putting up with it

WBA have been an abject failure again in the premier league (Norwich will be straight back down as well) but here you go have 300 million quid, spend what you like on wages/player fees... Derby and Sheff Weds are forced to do dodgy stadium sales to try and remain even remotely fecking competitive and its hounding until they get them ffs...

Makes my blood boil

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Be careful with remarks like that.

Nixon writes in The Sun on Sunday (09.05.21, pg. 63) that Derby County face a ‘massive points penalty’ next season, with an ‘independent disciplinary appeal’ ready to swing in favour of the EFL who want to charge the club for ‘overspending across three seasons’.
    The appeal is about the amortisation methodology used. We'd used it for half a dozen seasons prior to the one they charged us on. There were no rule changes on it. There were no changes in intertretation given to clubs. DCFC was not informed beforehand that the EFL no longer found it unacceptable for whatever reason. They can't retrospectively change that. The appeal ought to be successful because the Law is on Derby's side.

That last bit? You seem to be suggesting that they are now dreaming up new charges because they couldn't make the old ones stick. ..... and then people say the EFL doesn't have a down on DCFC/Mel. If they do bring those further charges after losing the appeal they will get the fans on their backs, not that that would bother them............

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The appeal is about the amortisation methodology used. We'd used it for half a dozen seasons prior to the one they charged us on. There were no rule changes on it. There were no changes in intertretation given to clubs. DCFC was not informed beforehand that the EFL no longer found it unacceptable for whatever reason. They can't retrospectively change that. The appeal ought to be successful because the Law is on Derby's side.

That last bit? You seem to be suggesting that they are now dreaming up new charges because they couldn't make the old ones stick. ..... and then people say the EFL doesn't have a down on DCFC/Mel. If they do bring those further charges after losing the appeal they will get the fans on their backs, not that that would bother them............
    Who says, they wouldn't stick?
    The appeal didn't go the way you thought.

As I said, it aint over till the fat Rooney sings and they have your card marked.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...eaking-5395684

Who says, they wouldn't stick?
    The appeal didn't go the way you thought.

As I said, it aint over till the fat Rooney sings and they have your card marked.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...eaking-5395684
    Yawn! The Daily Mail says...The Sun says...Nixon says...Collymore says...on and on and on and on you go.
    How about you concentrate on your own club and leave ours to us?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yawn! The Daily Mail says...The Sun says...Nixon says...Collymore says...on and on and on and on you go.
    How about you concentrate on your own club and leave ours to us?
    Oh I do apologise. I never realised the antics of DCFC were a closed shop?
    FFP. diddling the books, dodgy take overs dont effect anyone else do they?

It may make you feel uncomfortable facing up to it. But it's real, no matter where it is printed.
    Be an ostrich if you wish, I could guide you to appropriate sand pit, but I know the local cats use it as well.

It may make you feel uncomfortable facing up to it. But it's real, no matter where it is printed.
    Be an ostrich if you wish, I could guide you to appropriate sand pit, but I know the local cats use it as well.
    Gotta say I approve of cross-club trolling, especially the soap opera that was the DCFC/SW thread on the LTLF forum on Saturday, twice in a year Forest fans have nearly made me laugh myself to death with their shattered dreams

Well they don’t affect you, you just like sh1t stirring as far as DCFC is concerned. If you were a Rotherham or a Wednesday fan I could understand it more...but you just seem obsessed with Derby and having been disappointed on Saturday you don’t want to let it go.

‘Diddling the books, dodgy take overs’...I wouldn’t know, but I’d be a bit more careful with those allegations if I were you.

‘Be an ostrich if you wish’...no head in the sand from me, but if you read the DT article you’ll see Steve Nicholson saying that a points deduction is very unlikely as he understands it.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 10-05-2021 at 04:09 PM.

Ostriches don't bury their heads in the sand. Just saying

Despite the **** stirring by the forest fan and certain media outlets desperate to create stories, these doubts were always likely to be be cast when our current ownership have made such a pigs ear of things so far.

Us and Sheff Weds have been absolutely fecking hounded haven't we hahaha

Congratulations EFL you have hounded two small fish bless ya, clubs like City, United etc get away with that stunt a few weeks ago, get away with being billions in debt... but its us and the mighty Sheff Weds that get kicked around for a few bob and a dodgy stadium valuation, you couldn't make it up

I'm done with the game feel no emotion to this whatsoever other than just chuckling about the above quote

As for Barnsley and Forest fans taking some sort of moral high ground, don't sit to comfy up there because they'll be coming for you next

We've been hounded over some fictious player valuations "ruling", it doesn't exist only in la la land

We've been gone after to put us out of business simple as that, the new world order

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)