+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs - The mini-league of 6 clubs playing for 5th, 6th and 7th

I’d certainly prefer a 5th/6th game and then Torquay in the semi final.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 18-05-2021 at 09:28 PM.

I believe the expression is "it's in our own hands".

We are currently 5th in the form table based on the last six games so things have certainly improved.

I think we just need to keep marching on and see where we end up. I would like us to beat Weymouth to cement our playoff place, and then avoid defeat to Bromley to keep our unbeaten run going through into the playoff games.

I don't want us to take our foot of the gas though. Let's just keep going and going doing what we have been doing in recent games.

There is a fantastic opportunity on offer and a relishing prospect that if we play as well as we have done in the last five games over the next five potential games we could well be a football league club again. Every player's got to be up for that otherwise they wouldn't be playing professional football.

It's great we've got the chance to cement our place on Saturday. But these NL play-offs are structured well with meaningful things to play for every 2 places....so any talk of the Bromley game being a chance to rest players, or that it doesn't matter, are way off the mark. Defeat there and Wrexham and Eastleigh can send us to play at Hartlepool or back to Wrexham. Bromley is virtually guaranteed to be a game with a lot riding on it. Win or draw at Bromley and we will probably get a juicy home against Eastleigh (failing that, Wrexham)

One thing I think will happen on Saturday is Chesterfield effectively eliminated from the race.

Might be worth one final update (mainly because it looks good for us), so this is the maximum points total each club can achieve this season with goal difference included:

Notts 73 (+19)
    Eastleigh 71 (+10)
    Wrexham70 (+19)
    Chesterfield 69 (+15)
    Bromley 69 (+8)
    Halifax 68 (+9)

Thinking positive, and Hartlepool and Wrexham bottle it-

4th to 7th-

Notts 73 (+21)
    Hartlepool 73 (+20)
    Eastleigh 71 (+13)
    Chesterfield 69 (+17) / Halifax 68 (+11)

In the playoffs after wheel nearly falls off, just getting a draw against Bromley-

So:
    Eastleigh 71
    Wrexham 70
    Chesterfield 69
    Notts 68 (+18)

Or:

Eastleigh 71
    Wrexham 70
    Notts 68 (+18)
    Halifax 68 (+11)

Squeaky bum time stay on 67 -
    Lose to Weymouth on Saturday and Bromley draw.

Lose to Bromley.

last match in progress 29th May Chesterfield equalise at the Shay in the 99th minute....

Eastleigh 71
    Wrexham 70
    Notts 67 (+17)
    Chesterfield 67 (+16)
    Bromley 67 (+9)
    Halifax 66 (+9)

Quote Originally Posted by Riverleeno View Post
    Squeaky bum time stay on 67 -
    Lose to Weymouth on Saturday and Bromley draw.

Lose to Bromley.

last match in progress 29th May Chesterfield equalise at the Shay in the 99th minute....

Eastleigh 71
    Wrexham 70
    Notts 67 (+17)
    Chesterfield 67 (+16)
    Bromley 67 (+9)
    Halifax 66 (+9)
    Or win on Sarurday and stuff the rest?

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    Or win on Sarurday and stuff the rest?
    The best way! COYP

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    We are currently 5th in the form table based on the last six games so things have certainly improved.

I think we just need to keep marching on and see where we end up. I would like us to beat Weymouth to cement our playoff place, and then avoid defeat to Bromley to keep our unbeaten run going through into the playoff games.

I don't want us to take our foot of the gas though. Let's just keep going and going doing what we have been doing in recent games.

There is a fantastic opportunity on offer and a relishing prospect that if we play as well as we have done in the last five games over the next five potential games we could well be a football league club again. Every player's got to be up for that otherwise they wouldn't be playing professional football.
    I make it that over the last 5 matches, us & Dagenham are joint 1st in the form table - both winning 13 points from a possible 15

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast