+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Playoffs - The mini-league of 6 clubs playing for 5th, 6th and 7th

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    We've taken 1 point from 12 against them since being reunited in tier 5, scored 2, conceded 7. They are the club I'd most want to avoid, followed by Stockport. The rest don't worry me. Unlikely that we'll avoid both though if we go all the way to the final, it'd just be a whole lot easier if we met them at Aston Gate rather than on their own patch.
    We could still finish 7th if four results go a certain way, it can only happen with one single sequence with no variation, so unlikely but still possible - in which case we would be going to Pools or Stockport in the QF.
    Yeah, I would fancy our chances of a decent game against Stockport or Hartlepool at Ashton Gate, but both feel like they’d be much tougher places to play away semi-finals at with fans back in than Plainmoor does, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    For the first time i am actually excited about Notts counties future
    Whether or not we go up this season or not, the future looks brighter. The new manager has shown what he can deliver, so with a few of his own signings, crowds back in meadow lane, next season looks promising

Another thing that has pleased me is that we are going for other teams now, instead of just sitting back and messing around, , what we need is a good win against Bromley, to make a statement of our intent, i have looked on our competitors websites and nobody wants to play Notts in the paly offs

Notts are on fire, full of confidence, nobody is going to stop Notts now
    Agree that teams won't want to play Notts and will be mean they go into games with caution which should play into our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    We've taken 1 point from 12 against them since being reunited in tier 5, scored 2, conceded 7. They are the club I'd most want to avoid, followed by Stockport. The rest don't worry me. Unlikely that we'll avoid both though if we go all the way to the final, it'd just be a whole lot easier if we met them at Aston Gate rather than on their own patch.
    We could still finish 7th if four results go a certain way, it can only happen with one single sequence with no variation, so unlikely but still possible - in which case we would be going to Pools or Stockport in the QF.
    It’s a good job we won’t be playing for points then 😉

While Hartlepool were rubbish today, I still wouldn’t fancy them or Stockport away in the playoffs. Having said that, it sounds like their manager is off, so who knows what effect that may have. I’d be fairly confident against any of the teams in contention for 6th and 7th.

Beat Bromley and get the home game in to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    If we end up in match B it'll be the first time ever that Notts have played on my birthday !
    ..... The Omen surely ?

Quote Originally Posted by macse15 View Post
    If we end up in match B it'll be the first time ever that Notts have played on my birthday !
    ..... The Omen surely ?
    Orrr, has this put the mockers right on our chances?

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...r_iLtE8uj328vU

Whoever wins the playoffs will have 7 weeks to get ready for the Football League.

Oooof.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314