+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs - The mini-league of 6 clubs playing for 5th, 6th and 7th

IB will be decent in the long term, throwing him out to give Doyle and JOB the job to try and get in the playoffs is bonkers. I've written this season off, let's get a good squad of players in for next season that can play the way the manager likes and hopefully listen to and carry out instructions. If it takes a few years to rebuild after what has been a slow decline then so be it, I'm sick of all these old players at the end of their careers cause they have one gear and it isn't quick. We'll be ok eventually under IB we just need some patience.

I hope he can start a rebuild using younger, fitter, faster, feisty players rather than the usual old timers on the last turn of the transfer merry-go-round. Unfortunately, there is no evidence that Burch can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I hope he can start a rebuild using younger, fitter, faster, feisty players rather than the usual old timers on the last turn of the transfer merry-go-round. Unfortunately, there is no evidence that Burch can do this.
    For a fair balance between pessimism and optimism, fortunately there is also no evidence that he can't.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    IB will be decent in the long term, throwing him out to give Doyle and JOB the job to try and get in the playoffs is bonkers. I've written this season off, let's get a good squad of players in for next season that can play the way the manager likes and hopefully listen to and carry out instructions. If it takes a few years to rebuild after what has been a slow decline then so be it, I'm sick of all these old players at the end of their careers cause they have one gear and it isn't quick. We'll be ok eventually under IB we just need some patience.
    This ^^

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    For a fair balance between pessimism and optimism, fortunately there is also no evidence that he can't.
    Can't argue with that. Looking forward to the next season and trying to forget about this one already.

Some interesting games for 4 of the 6 tomorrow:

Bromley v Hartlepool
    Chesterfield v Torquay
    Maidenhead v Wrexham
    Yeovil v Halifax

If Hartlepool, Torquay, Maidenhead and Yeovil can at least avoid defeat, it would be a boost for us.

Nothing like Alladyce , nothing like Fullarton when Burchnall was appointed. Somewhere in the middle.

Great point that his strength as a dedicated Head coach is on the training pitch and the timing allowed no time.

The biggest positive I can offer to date , however small, is his interviews (bar one) have been honest , accurate and he's identified issues and weaknesses and let the fans know. I don't care if he interrupts the interviewer, doesn't look at the camera or what he wears. His words have been very encouraging.

We just now need some points on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Nothing like Alladyce , nothing like Fullarton when Burchnall was appointed. Somewhere in the middle.

Great point that his strength as a dedicated Head coach is on the training pitch and the timing allowed no time.

The biggest positive I can offer to date , however small, is his interviews (bar one) have been honest , accurate and he's identified issues and weaknesses and let the fans know. I don't care if he interrupts the interviewer, doesn't look at the camera or what he wears. His words have been very encouraging.

We just now need some points on the board.
    We will only get points on the board if he translates his words into action.

You don't get promoted by saying the right words or by playing good stuff. You get promoted by getting more points than the others.

I am behind him, but that does not mean that I am not frustrated and very disappointed at what is happening with our league position.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Sunk costs.
    There is no track record of success for IB, the evidence before our eyes says he's failing but the Reedtz have now invested themselves in him. Takes a big man to say I've dropped a clanger and change course early rather than throw time and resources at Birch to prove your decision right.
    Allardyce had done well in Ireland before coming to us and was harshly sacked by Royston the rapist at Blackpool after making the playoffs.
    I don't like the revolving door either, I was a strong advocate of Ardley and continuity, after all he'd never lost more than two in a row, got us to the playoffs final and looked like getting us to the playoffs and a Trophy final.The

Unfortunately I feel the same way about Birch that I did about Kiwomya, Fullarton and Richie Barker. Just a feeling and I'll be the first to say well done, brilliant if he turns it around, it's certainly not a personal thing, I don't think he's a clown or don't like his hair cut, I just don't think he's going to turn us round now or next season.
    You forgot to mention Ardley in your list of Kiwoyma, Fullarton and Barker.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Some interesting games for 4 of the 6 tomorrow:

Bromley v Hartlepool
    Chesterfield v Torquay
    Maidenhead v Wrexham
    Yeovil v Halifax

If Hartlepool, Torquay, Maidenhead and Yeovil can at least avoid defeat, it would be a boost for us.
    Half time update on the games that matter:

Bromley 1-0 Hartlepool
    Chesterfield 0-1 Torquay
    Maidenhead 2-0 Wrexham
    Yeovil 0-1 Halifax

Two going well, two going badly.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast