+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs - The mini-league of 6 clubs playing for 5th, 6th and 7th

After today's games, this is the updated maximum points total each of the 6 clubs can achieve:

Notts 75
    Halifax 74
    Wrexham 73
    Bromley 73
    Chesterfield 71
    Eastleigh 71

Still an excellent chance of a playoff place if we can start to win a few games.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    After today's games, this is the updated maximum points total each of the 6 clubs can achieve:

Notts 75
    Halifax 74
    Wrexham 73
    Bromley 73
    Chesterfield 71
    Eastleigh 71

Still an excellent chance of a playoff place if we can start to win a few games.
    We've also got two and three games in hand over those above us which makes the current league table a bit false, although, I would prefer us to have min four additional points on the board than those game's in hand to play in all honesty.

It's lining up to be the two games against Bromley that will seal our fate one way or the other as they now occupy the last play-off spot. I just hope that we don't gift a play-off place to Bromley like we did Eastleigh last month who took six points off us. Do it again for a second time and give another club a lift up at our own expense would add insult to injury.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    We will only get points on the board if he translates his words into action.

You don't get promoted by saying the right words or by playing good stuff. You get promoted by getting more points than the others.

I am behind him, but that does not mean that I am not frustrated and very disappointed at what is happening with our league position.
    I can't imagine anyone disagrees with those sentiments, I certainly don't.

Very disappointing results, disappointing perfomances, promising interviews is my summary.

Chesterfield have lost 4 of their last 6. Not looking too clever for them now but all four losses have been to top 7 sides.

Fantastic result for Bromley today but they now face four consecutive away games and it should come down to what we do as to whether or not we finish above them.

Eastleigh can coast it from now on - their remaining games are against Alty, Barnet, Aldershot, Boreham Wood, Solihull.

Eastleigh to snatch 7th along with the current top 6. Chesterfield 8th, Notts 9th (my prediction pre-season), Bromley 10th.

I'll change my mind if the facts change, but that's how it looks this evening.

If we fail to win tomorrow, a play-off place will be out of our hands - which is a depressing thought but sums up our decline since the turn of the year.

As Paul Mace pointed out on Magpie Circle last week, we’re the only one of the four play-off contenders to replace a manager whose results have actually got worse since.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    If we fail to win tomorrow, a play-off place will be out of our hands - which is a depressing thought but sums up our decline since the turn of the year.

As Paul Mace pointed out on Magpie Circle last week, we’re the only one of the four play-off contenders to replace a manager whose results have actually got worse since.
    I am not sure that is actually correct as we have to play Bromley twice and Wrexham so without looking at the fixtures for all the other clubs, if we win those 3 games (massive if!) it would probably still be in our hands.

Tomorrow's game is huge. A win puts us right back in the mix and would help our confidence no end. A heavy defeat will have the opposite effect. It's not quite must win with 7 games to go mathematically though.

With a poor finish to the season we could easily finish 16th. A very very scary thought indeed. If I was asked to bet on whether we would finish in the playoffs or 16th I have to say I would bet on the latter. Probably some good odds on that as well eLite if you want one of your against the grain type bets.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    With a poor finish to the season we could easily finish 16th. A very very scary thought indeed. If I was asked to bet on whether we would finish in the playoffs or 16th I have to say I would bet on the latter. Probably some good odds on that as well eLite if you want one of your against the grain type bets.
    If there would be good odds, doesn't that mean it's seen as more unlikely?

I don't bet but I would go for play-off finish if I did. I don't think that all the teams from 16th would overtake us anyway. Maybe I am just being too optimistic (some might say foolish!)

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    If there would be good odds, doesn't that mean it's seen as more unlikely?

I don't bet but I would go for play-off finish if I did. I don't think that all the teams from 16th would overtake us anyway. Maybe I am just being too optimistic (some might say foolish!)
    I wouldn't be so sure. We could easily lose to Sutton, Bromley twice and Wrexham on current form. I don't gamble but if I was a neutral gambler I think it would be worth a tipple. In this instance the fans probably know more than the bookies!

Notts 75
    Wrexham 73
    Halifax 71
    Bromley 71
    Chesterfield 71
    Eastleigh 71

A good day, this now means that even if we lose a game we would still have the potential for more points than all but Wrexham. Oops, forgot about the late game.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 08-05-2021 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Late game

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast