+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs - The mini-league of 6 clubs playing for 5th, 6th and 7th

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    So by my alternate calculation - which could be wrong as it’s now late and I’m a bit p*ssed after a day cycling and drinking - the table looks like this, Chesterfield drop 2 pts from their “par” and Halifax really f****d up - but didn’t we all say that Daggers were a factor here Brutus.

Table
    Team P Pts GD
    Wrexham 39 64 20
    Notts 39 64 18
    Chesterfield 40 63 15
    Bromley 40 63 8
    Halifax 40 62 9
    Eastleigh 38 59 8

And par results and table below sees the changes being Halifax dropping below Bromley and we’ve now a 2pt gap above Chesterfield, though I’d bet they’ll beat Halifax last game now if I were a gambling man.

TO PLAY
    Notts
    Wrexham A D
    Weymouth H W
    Bromley A D

Chesterfield
    Dagenham H W
    Halifax A D

Halifax
    Maidenhead A W
    Chesterfield A D

Bromley
    Aldershot A W
    Notts H D

Wrexham
    Notts H D
    Kings Lynn H W
    Dagenham A W

Eastleigh
    Aldershot A W
    Boreham Wood H W
    Altrincham A W
    Solihull A W

FINAL TABLE
    Team P Pts GD
    Wrexham 42 71 22
    Eastleigh 42 71 10
    Notts 42 69 19
    ———————————
    Chesterfield 42 67 16
    Bromley 42 67 9
    Halifax 42 66 10
    To be honest, I dont think Wrexham will beat D&R and can see Eastleigh dropping points in that run - I also fancy us to beat Bromley away after seeing us today - Reckon 5th is still on, providing we dont lose Tuesday..

Quote Originally Posted by BadPie View Post
    To be honest, I dont think Wrexham will beat D&R and can see Eastleigh dropping points in that run - I also fancy us to beat Bromley away after seeing us today - Reckon 5th is still on, providing we dont lose Tuesday..
    Every game is not a "must not lose".

I agree that Eastleigh will drop points and I think we’ll beat Bromley last game as well as beating Weymouth. So a draw at Wrexham would be a great result and give us 6th place unless Wrexham do drop points at Dagenham - which is a possibility. Could go to goal difference if they draw so we need a hatful against Weymouth and hope Wrexham don’t do the same against KL. Beating Wrexham would of course be fantastic and I believe would put us nailed on for 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I agree that Eastleigh will drop points and I think we’ll beat Bromley last game as well as beating Weymouth. So a draw at Wrexham would be a great result and give us 6th place unless Wrexham do drop points at Dagenham - which is a possibility. Could go to goal difference if they draw so we need a hatful against Weymouth and hope Wrexham don’t do the same against KL. Beating Wrexham would of course be fantastic and I believe would put us nailed on for 5th.
    Agree - If we can beat Wrexham, which I am confident of given how we have been playing, it would be a huge result - Let's be honest, if we get to the final, given where we will have to start from, we should be confident of going up - Although, as someone said in another post, if we don't make it, I am really excited about the close season and what IB will be able to do with a few additions..

These games catch my eye

Aldershot v Eastleigh
    Aldershot v Bromley

I hope this team which has done the double against us this season can at least get 1pt out of 6 in these fixtures.

Those and the D&R v Wrexham game are huge for us - I think Eastleigh have easier fixtures, but four in a short space of time, so injuries / fatigue will play a part I'm sure..

Aldershot v Eastleigh, is there such a thing as the A31 derby? And if not, is there anything we can do to convince them (Aldershot) that's it's a thing

Agree - If we can beat Wrexham, which I am confident of given how we have been playing, it would be a huge result - Let's be honest, if we get to the final, given where we will have to start from, we should be confident of going up - Although, as someone said in another post, if we don't make it, I am really excited about the close season and what IB will be able to do with a few additions..
    We have to tighten up and concentrate at the back, it scares me if he sticks to the same defence with the lack of height.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    it scares me if he sticks to the same defence with the lack of height.
    Rawlinson should be fit.

I just hope we can go to Bromley needing only a draw to guarantee we finish no lower than 7th.

To go up, unless penalty shoot-outs are involved, we have to at least win the last three games of the season on the bounce.
    Needing to win at Bromley would make it four. Surely we'll have to beat Weymouth as well, five.

Since dropping down, the best winning sequence was 5, achieved once - climaxing with the play off SF win over Barnet.

If we were to win all of our remaining games that would be 6 wins on the bounce. Added to the run we've just been on, that would be 9 wins and 1 draw in the final 10. Not impossible but not altogether realistic.

I think we're going to have to settle for at least a couple more draws. Hopefully a point at Wrexham, a win over Weymouth and a draw at Bromley gets us in. Then a pen shoot out win in one of the play off games and win the other two outright. That's as believable a dream I can allow myself to have right now.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast