+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Managers

Managers

As we approach the end of the season I took a look around the different divisions and looked at teams that have over achieved, I would prob put Derek Adams at Morcambe down as manager of the year from all 4 divisions, they started the season as hot favourites to go down and now they are in the playoff final, that is amazing, also Neil Crichley at Blackpool deserves a mention, goes to show you what a good manager can do with an average bunch of players much like what IB has done with Notts, who would you guys put in that list of teams that have over achieved?

Hughton

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    As we approach the end of the season I took a look around the different divisions and looked at teams that have over achieved, I would prob put Derek Adams at Morcambe down as manager of the year from all 4 divisions, they started the season as hot favourites to go down and now they are in the playoff final, that is amazing, also Neil Crichley at Blackpool deserves a mention, goes to show you what a good manager can do with an average bunch of players much like what IB has done with Notts, who would you guys put in that list of teams that have over achieved?
    Michael Duff at Cheltenham and Mark Bonner at Cambridge must be up there. Bonner is another “head coach” and is only 35. Impressive.

Yep, I’d add Matt Gray in our league, Michael Appleton in League 1, and Valerien Ismael in the Championship. I know it’s been an odd season, but there have been some great stories of underdogs doing well.

To be fair I’ve long stopped having an opinion on whether someone is a good appointment, we’ve had a few who I thought would be good and turned out to be disastrous and vice versa. People with no reputation at all can come in and do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Hughton
    Ha ha ha brilliant

Ian Evatt at Bolton and Gareth Ainsworth at Wycombe (for the last 5 years)

Definitely Ainsworth.
    He's done it consistantly over five years

If rumours are correct, Appleton was interviewed by Hardy and didn't want to come to us. That'd be back when Nolan left.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Michael Duff at Cheltenham and Mark Bonner at Cambridge must be up there. Bonner is another “head coach” and is only 35. Impressive.
    Who has gary waddock in his coaching team...a man I've proffered many times as a good man who should have managed us.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Who has gary waddock in his coaching team...a man I've proffered many times as a good man who should have managed us.
    Totally agree with that Pedro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast