+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs - The mini-league of 6 clubs playing for 5th, 6th and 7th

See,the thing is mancmagpie,
    We really havnt played consistently well over a spell of 7-10 games,and picked up a good points tally to show from the performances.
    So maybe,just maybe this could be the start of something?
    We have all supported notts for too long and know we can flatter to deceive very quickly.

Apologies if already posted but Wrexham have put out a statement confirming that there will be no fans (not even home fans) for the game against us. Good news I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    It's worth keeping an eye on Maidenhead and Daggers in this 'mini group'. Daggers have won their last 5 games and on a crazily good run. Maidenhead can sneak in to play offs too. Will be a very difficult game tomorrow night.
    Dagenham can have a huge impact on the finishing positions of several clubs who are currently in the mix.
    Tomorrow they visit Stockport whilst on Saturday they are at home to Halifax. The following Saturday they visit Chesterfield and on the final Saturday they host Wrexham. They can still make the playoffs themselves whilst doing some damage to other hopeful clubs. I think they, along with Notts are definitely the dark horses in the run in.

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNotts View Post
    Dagenham can have a huge impact on the finishing positions of several clubs who are currently in the mix.
    Tomorrow they visit Stockport whilst on Saturday they are at home to Halifax. The following Saturday they visit Chesterfield and on the final Saturday they host Wrexham. They can still make the playoffs themselves whilst doing some damage to other hopeful clubs. I think they, along with Notts are definitely the dark horses in the run in.
    It looks like it will go to the wire and GD could come into play.

If Maidenhead win tomorrow, they are in the mix too. Might be just a bit too late for them and Dagenham though.

One hurdle out of the way, Bromley games are still critical given our rivals run in. 3 points on Saturday would be a blinder.

Bromley Home and away, Wrexham away, Weymouth at home.

What's the minimum we need points wise?

I would say 7 points to defo be in the playoffs and maybe 9 or 10 to finish 4th or 5th.

7 minimum .

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    7 minimum .
    Seven does it mathematically because of the fixtures left. Would leave us on 70 points, and mean that we were guaranteed to finish above Bromley and either Chesterfield or Halifax (as they still have to play each other).

Actually, it doesn’t because I forgot about Eastleigh, who could still get 71 points by winning all five of their remaining games. But it would take a 1,000/1 set of results for seven not to be enough.

8 - Mathematically does it
    7 - Almost certainly does it
    6 - More than likely does it
    5 - Probably does it

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Seven does it mathematically because of the fixtures left. Would leave us on 70 points, and mean that we were guaranteed to finish above Bromley and either Chesterfield or Halifax (as they still have to play each other).

Actually, it doesn’t because I forgot about Eastleigh, who could still get 71 points by winning all five of their remaining games. But it would take a 1,000/1 set of results for seven not to be enough.

8 - Mathematically does it
    7 - Almost certainly does it
    6 - More than likely does it
    5 - Probably does it
    higher, you get nothing for a pair , not in this game.!
    lets go for 9 or 10 points as this would make us on fire going into the play offs and I could actually see us going up with form like that.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    higher, you get nothing for a pair , not in this game.!
    lets go for 9 or 10 points as this would make us on fire going into the play offs and I could actually see us going up with form like that.
    Now now Pedro hold your hosses!

I still think promotion is a mile away. We have had a few good games but the most important thing for me is that we are attacking teams and scoring goals. The vast majority of fans on here were puzzled by Ardleys approach for most of the season and finally someone is getting this happening. I will never ever understand why Ardley did not go for it a bit more than he did.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast