+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hall of fame...

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Also McLaren never managed a Queens team to promotion like Nobby did son.
    I know...

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I know...
    I see in today's papers that Queens Hall of Famer Derek (Tan Man) Lyle has been offered another contract at the age of 40 and his old Doonhamer pal Iain (Beany) Russell is retiring after scoring from the spot for Cowdenbeath - his 201st goal in over 500 appearances

I see in today's papers that Queens Hall of Famer Derek (Tan Man) Lyle has been offered another contract at the age of 40 and his old Doonhamer pal Iain (Beany) Russell is retiring after scoring from the spot for Cowdenbeath - his 201st goal in over 500 appearances
    Not surprised that Lyle's continuing to play beyond his age of 40. Still pretty remarkable. Remember reading that he told Jim McInally he would play at Peterhead for one season to see how he got on. He does really well with boxing training part of his routine especially under the lockdowns last year.

Still reckon he left Queens too early...

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Not surprised that Lyle's continuing to play beyond his age of 40. Still pretty remarkable. Remember reading that he told Jim McInally he would play at Peterhead for one season to see how he got on. He does really well with boxing training part of his routine especially under the lockdowns last year.

Still reckon he left Queens too early...

defo albertz del lyle was a proper forward didnt need to have loads of pace as he had a great first touch and can read a game very well positional sense amazing .

Nobby Clark would certainly be my choice as the next entrant to the HoF. Hundreds of appearances, a promotion winner as a player in 80-1 and as a manager in 85-6 in only his second season in charge. Only a fallout with Willie Harkness in the close season of 86-7 stopped him taking his gifted team into the First Division . . Great club man Nobby and great bloke as well. I wouldn't have any more fans, groundsman, mascots or anything else in the HoF . Personal opinion. Ex players and managers only for consideration for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Nobby Clark would certainly be my choice as the next entrant to the HoF. Hundreds of appearances, a promotion winner as a player in 80-1 and as a manager in 85-6 in only his second season in charge. Only a fallout with Willie Harkness in the close season of 86-7 stopped him taking his gifted team into the First Division . . Great club man Nobby and great bloke as well. I wouldn't have any more fans, groundsman, mascots or anything else in the HoF . Personal opinion. Ex players and managers only for consideration for me.

knees up nobby clark was the chant of 85/86 season and deserves a hall of fame slot ,what about barney davidson dont think he has been included to the hall of fame yet has he ?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    knees up nobby clark was the chant of 85/86 season and deserves a hall of fame slot ,what about barney davidson dont think he has been included to the hall of fame yet has he ?
    Would be quite happy if your favourite Alan (Barney) Davidson was included Dougal - 364 appearances for the Doonhamers.

Would be quite happy if your favourite Alan (Barney) Davidson was included Dougal - 364 appearances for the Doonhamers.
    First Queens keeper that I remember playing...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)