+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Robertson

S McDonald he can barely last 1st half? Be handy if Robbo is fit Wood can't play 2 games in 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    As you say, best defender when fit but that's about 25% of the season seemingly. If he's also playing silly beggars with a club who have stuck by him throughout all the injuries then at some point we just have to move on. We try and try with him, even when injury prone but if he still is looking elsewhere then let him go.
    As for Luton, no idea if he will be fit. Probably have something bizarre like Mattock back in at left back.
    Professional footballers will almost always have some sort of niggle that, most of em anyway, manage to play through, but I think Robbo is one of those players that cant play unless he feels he's fully fit.
    Even if he decides to leave, it wont make any difference IMO where he goes because he will never stay fit for long.
    He is by far our best defender, but that counts for nothing if he isn't playing most of the time, he's been here 3 years now and every season has been the same with him injury wise, so I'd retract the new contract he won't sign and say thanks but no thanks. He might have got away with it at a better club, that had a more talented squad and could nurse him through, but we cannot afford for our better players regularly to be on the treatment table UTM

Don’t know why certain fans keep banging the drum for this guy as said above I think it’s a mental thing with him sooner have Woody who “wants” to play don’t care if he’s 36 at least he’s got desire unlike Robertson don’t be surprised if he pops a goal in these last 2 games

He can go for me too.

Actually think Angus is the better value.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Professional footballers will almost always have some sort of niggle that, most of em anyway, manage to play through, but I think Robbo is one of those players that cant play unless he feels he's fully fit.
    Even if he decides to leave, it wont make any difference IMO where he goes because he will never stay fit for long.
    He is by far our best defender, but that counts for nothing if he isn't playing most of the time, he's been here 3 years now and every season has been the same with him injury wise, so I'd retract the new contract he won't sign and say thanks but no thanks. He might have got away with it at a better club, that had a more talented squad and could nurse him through, but we cannot afford for our better players regularly to be on the treatment table UTM
    Agree completely. Be surprised a team at this level would take a punt on him given the injury record. When they get his medical history it wouldn't read very well would it. Would think he would be happy with some security if we have offered him a new deal but perhaps not. Backs himself then fair enough, would be a championship CB if fit. But that's a big if.

He’s not on his own in the “Won’t be missed” list

Currently my list of “ they can go” is much bigger than “ need to keep”

And it’s not confined to just players

If Robbo's fit, he must start.

<> Millers - Clark Robertson <>

Sunderland, Plymouth Argyle, & Fleetwood Town said to be interested in Robertson.
    Also Scottish club Aberdeen, have shown a interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    <> Millers - Clark Robertson <>

Sunderland, Plymouth Argyle, & Fleetwood Town said to be interested in Robertson.
    Also Scottish club Aberdeen, have shown a interest.
    I think Aberdeen will be his first choice but will they take an injury prone player?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I think Aberdeen will be his first choice but will they take an injury prone player?
    Aberdeen could do with him today, losing 4-0 at the moment away at Rangers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast