+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Auf Wiedersehen Holtby

Auf Wiedersehen Holtby

He has played his last game for us.
    Not sure how I feel about this,as he had signs of the player he once was but no consistency and being one of the higher earners here,its for the best.
    Hope he is followed out of the door by a few more,who have become stale at the club.
    A summer rebuild is a needed and welcome at the club but with tony mowbray in charge of that,doesn't fill me with joy but thats a whole different story.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    He has played his last game for us.
    Not sure how I feel about this,as he had signs of the player he once was but no consistency and being one of the higher earners here,its for the best.
    Hope he is followed out of the door by a few more,who have become stale at the club.
    A summer rebuild is a needed and welcome at the club but with tony mowbray in charge of that,doesn't fill me with joy but thats a whole different story.
    Thats why we only had 8 on the be ch yesterday. Trybull threw a tantrum and said he refused to be sub. He has played his last game. As has Downing. Same with Evan's. Worryingly I fear Johnson will be given another year.
    I'd keep Bell and let him challenge this lad from Crewe.
    The crucial bit is getting as much cash for Armstrong as poss. It's the only way we move forward.

I wouldn't even keep bell.
    A clean slate is needed at the club,alot of the players you have said above is not needed.
    Get rid move on.
    Am I happy mowbray is in charge of this?
    Of course not but we need a big rebuild to move this club forward and I would rather him than a complete nobody.
    I said I would like someone under the radar for next season but I feel any moves to get rid of tony mowbray is a little late,so better the devil you know I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I wouldn't even keep bell.
    A clean slate is needed at the club,alot of the players you have said above is not needed.
    Get rid move on.
    Am I happy mowbray is in charge of this?
    Of course not but we need a big rebuild to move this club forward and I would rather him than a complete nobody.
    I said I would like someone under the radar for next season but I feel any moves to get rid of tony mowbray is a little late,so better the devil you know I guess.
    For the record I completely see why people believe a change will simply mean everything will all be positive from there on in. All I try to say is just look at all the clubs in our position who all made managerial changes of which almost everyone made absolutely no difference at all. Pearson @ Bristol City, Hughton at Forest, Warnock at Boro. Hudd Town nearly went down, Derby are absolutely woeful and deserve to go down. Stoke are going nowhere under O'Neill who everyone raved about. All clubs similar to us in mid-table.
    Nothing is to say we won't have a decent season next season. If we get decent money for Arma, get another striker in and a a few others, Dack should be back around Oct time. If we get lucky with injuries we can look to try and finish above 10th.

I have grave concerns about next season.
    A clear out is happening and with little money to replace along with pep mowbray still in charge,I can see a big struggle next season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)