+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnley v West Ham Match Preview

Burnley v West Ham Match Preview

Most Burnley fans are still in a Wood induced state of euphoria after the Clarets show stopping performance at Molineux and I am no exception. I am confident however that Sean will have brought the team back down to earth and got their focus back onto our meeting with Moyes Boys. The rumour mill is in full swing at the moment with McNeil linked to a move to Aston Villa and Sean Dyche himself a hot tip to replace Roy Hodgson as the Eagles boss. It is important that the team puts all this “outside noise” out of their thoughts as they strive to pick up the three points against the Hammers which will all but guarantee another season of Premier League football.

Chelsea opened a 6 point gap over 5th placed West Ham in the race for a Champions League spot by beating Fulham 2-0 yesterday. That loss leaves the Cottagers trailing the Clarets by 9 points with only 4 games left to play. After hosting Burnley on Monday May 10th Fulham must travel to Southampton and Manchester United before winding up their season with a home game against Newcastle. Manager Scott Parker is clear that his Fulham team need to win all four of their remaining matches to have even a slim chance of avoiding relegation. They will be anxiously awaiting the results of Newcastle v Arsenal today and Burnley v West Ham tomorrow.

I have to take time to note that Chelsea’s opening goal against Fulham came about as Blues keeper Mendy rolled the ball to Thiago Silva who immediately launched a 60 yard downfield pass to Mason Mount. Mount slipped in Havertz for a tidy finish. Had this been a Burnley move it would no doubt have been written off as just another example of “hoofball”. I say well done Chelsea for catching Fulham out with a lightning attack.

West Ham arrive at Turf Moor having lost 3-2 at Newcastle where defender Craig Dawson received a red card before a 1-0 loss at home to Chelsea. Another red card in this game was dished out to Fabian Balbuena was quite correctly overturned on appeal. Both Dawson who has served his ban and Balbuena are now eligible to face Burnley and the Hammers also hope to welcome back Antonio, Cresswell, Rice and Masuaku from injury. A single Michail Antonio goal was enough to give the Hammers victory when these sides met at the London Stadium in January. Jesse Lingard will hope to continue his fine form since moving to West Ham on loan from Manchester United. Burnley should start with the same eleven that lined up at kick off against Wolves.

The match referee is Anthony Taylor who takes charge of successive Burnley home games having officiated in our 1-2 defeat to Newcastle on April 11th. Stuart Attwell has the VAR hotseat. This is no end of season “dead rubber”. West Ham will hope to rekindle their push for Champions League football whilst Burnley need points to make certain they will be playing PL football next season. COYC!

Good stuff Outwood, as always, in fact it gets better by the game, but I can't agree that Sean needs to bring the players back down to Earth, I want them to stay on the same planet they were on when they turned up at Molyneux.

Parker believes Fulham can stop up so obviously we need to win this to prove him wrong now that our game against them is a banker for Fulham..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56959763

Excellent stuff outwood, I wish I could be at this game "live and in person". It promises to be a cracker!

A home win and we can all rest easy.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Parker believes Fulham can stop up so obviously we need to win this to prove him wrong now that our game against them is a banker for Fulham..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56959763
    What else is he supposed to say mon ami?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I like Parker's attitude, he's not given up, he's challenging his players to win their last four, it's extremely unlikely, even the top teams struggle to win four on the bounce, but it's not impossible, problem is, they could win their last four and still be relegated.

Providing they keep Parker and back him in summer, I think Fulham are a good bet to come straight back up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He could be realistic and say 3 are winnable but the Burnley game would be at best a draw.

Should be 3 or 4 to them, we're giving them acres of space, especially benrahma.

HT, not looking good.

10 attempts on goal to our 2. What’s going on? Very bad defending for both of their goals. We’re making them look like Brazil.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)