+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: U23s must be tried / tested.

U23s must be tried / tested.

Been a great season / but shocking day at the office v Brighton.
    Sure, that every position higher in league, means extra cash, so ***** that we push hard until the end, but really think the times right, to give game time, to at least 3-4 of them.
    We all know the ones , who should be given their chance ( all highly rated supposedly ) yet Hernandez appears yesterday, looking sadly past his best, when it was ideal time to blood the U23s. The match yesterday, was crying out for energy / spirit, and some raw unknown talent.

It can only mean that they are rated worse than Costa and Roberts!

Bielsa seems to like using the first team core but if we have a few more injuries he will have no choice 😎.

Huggins at Left back surely must be worth a go.

Summerville, Gelhardt and Dramah all look ready for game time but who knows. Casey also looks to have something about him.

Hernandez was chucked into a **** situation and was rarely given the ball, it is hardly his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Been a great season / but shocking day at the office v Brighton.
    Sure, that every position higher in league, means extra cash, so ***** that we push hard until the end, but really think the times right, to give game time, to at least 3-4 of them.
    We all know the ones , who should be given their chance ( all highly rated supposedly ) yet Hernandez appears yesterday, looking sadly past his best, when it was ideal time to blood the U23s. The match yesterday, was crying out for energy / spirit, and some raw unknown talent.
    On the £ per place thing, it's fine to be certain about how much we get, but if we go to the market because we aren't sure about any of the youngsters being good enough, I suspect it will cost us more (unless we finish I the top 4!).

Reading a update from Leeds United Supporters Trust and plenty of yes's on it.Think we'll get a proven player or two before any of our youngsters are put in reading between the lines of the memo.

Yes,Radrizanni has been busy shopping in USA this year for investors.

Yes,Radrizzani still desires to invest in 'other clubs' with his Aser Ventures platform.

Yes, Leeds will always be 'the core investment' to Radrizzani whose five year plan for us hopefully will see Elland Road fully redeveloped.

Yes,he said that Aser Ventures is an open investment platform who will continue to invest in sports media and technologies.

Of course Aser are always going to be open to explore opportunities that come along and last month Radrizzani's multinational broadcaster Eleven Sports acquired yet another sports media company Team Whistle as part of plans to grow its business in North America so yes it's sure been busy in the USA for Radrizzani of late. https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/...le-acquisition

Yes,and more exciting is that Chad Hurley the co-founder of YouTube and minority stake owner in the Golden State Warriors NBA team and LAFC in The MLS and also the Executive Chairman of Green Park Sports the sports fantasy game who are partnered with the NBA and La Liga.He had tweeted a couple of months back with a response to the 49ers Enterprises/LUFC recent 2021 investment stating “the 49ers led the round and now I’m joining with a few others" is also appears now to be in Radrizzani's investment casting net.

So five Yes reasons to be a supporter of Leeds United globally and hopefully continued funds to service the debt and maybe a little extra to spend on proven quality to see us through the next campaign.

I've put some cash aside for my renewal West Stand paddock investment season ticket still priced at £710 but with my Disability Concession a reasonable bargain of £400 still being frozen.Hopefully with more ER seats to be added will enable more match day tickets becoming available at reasonable pricing to reflect the economic conditions unlike the £1255 season tickets been sold for the 49ers trendy stadium of late.
    But it appears that's the way to go nowadays to cashing in commercially as a multi-use facility as their stadium can be configured for special touring events including concerts, motocross events, indoor/outdoor conferences, and other community events. That stadium is also designed to meet the FIFA field geometry requirements for international football which will allow it to host international friendly matches and major tours.

Not sure my bargain Elland Road ticket price will still remain a bargain if Elland Road rebuilding goes that far.Just a new West Stand will do for sure,hopefully with a decent roof to keep my clothes dry and a decent laid pitch to watch us play on will be the yes I want to hear.A free shuttle bus from Leeds/Bradford Airport from the council will be nice to.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Bielsa seems to like using the first team core but if we have a few more injuries he will have no choice ��.

Huggins at Left back surely must be worth a go.

Summerville, Gelhardt and Dramah all look ready for game time but who knows. Casey also looks to have something about him.
    If there is anythign I want to see it is someone at left back for Alioski, just don't see point in him playing anymore, if he was amazing I'd be fine with it but he is just a liability, lots of effort and heart but constant mistakes. I'd rather a young kid learning and making mistakes than someone who is leaving

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    If there is anythign I want to see it is someone at left back for Alioski, just don't see point in him playing anymore, if he was amazing I'd be fine with it but he is just a liability, lots of effort and heart but constant mistakes. I'd rather a young kid learning and making mistakes than someone who is leaving
    Despite what I've said consistently about the level of criticism Alioski gets, I'd agree with you that we should be trying others to see if there is a possible replacement without going to the transfer market, but I don't think we will.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)