+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Club's Model And Lady Luck

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Probably not had the second lowest budget this season because the pandemic has leveled the financial playing field in the championship except for possibly the parachute payments cartel .

However I don't think for one minute our budget is anywhere near Bristol City's or many other underperforming clubs at this level .

Recent Championship revenues from 2018/19//20 for context
    WBA £71m
    Stoke £71m
    Swansea £68m
    Villa £54m
    Leeds £54m
    QPR £35m
    Norwich £34m
    Derby £30m
    Bristol C £27m
    Forest £26m
    Birmingham £23m
    Sheff Weds £23m
    Reading £21m
    Sheff Utd £21m
    Boro £19m
    Ipswich £18m
    Blackburn £17m
    Millwall £16m
    Hull £16m
    Rotherham £14m
    Brentford £14m
    Preston £13m
    Wigan £12m

Last time Barnsley were in the Championship £11m, Burton Albion were £10m !

I think we have decent season ticket sales but a lot are kids for barely anything or OAP cheap ones

Also, and I’m gob smacked the consortium haven’t addressed this as I thought it would be right up their street, we have no decent sponsorship from nationwide or global companies like a lot of clubs. Our ground Oakwell doesn’t get used for anything else and we have very little extra match day income like a lot of clubs generate

Animal, I thought we were ace at times in 1990-91 under Mel Machin, remember when we thought we'd made the Play offs and Oakwell was a fortress that season.
    In interviews though, I agree he regularly had me reaching for the wide awake pills and Mark Robins and Simon Davey were the same that way. I'd even say Allan Clarke himsenn was also hard to listen to even at the best of times lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12