+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Season 2020/21

Season 2020/21

So, simple question: All in all and looking back through the highs and lows of the season about to finish, would you say it has been a good, bad or indifferent season??

Despite my disappointments with recent performances, I have to say that the fact we flirted with the play-offs before the current downturn would have to mean that the season has been a good one. It is a shame that we won't be continuing with the group of lads that have displayed the, largely, wonderful performances of the last two and a bit years but who knows what the future (and Dave Artell) will bring?

Considering everything that has been going on with covid, I think we have (in the words Mike Channon) "dun good".
    Dave and Kenny have been excellent, and I think will have learnt a lot about the players and about Div1.
    Only criticism is that they should have got 72 points ....

Definitely a good season....with a game to go we are only 9 points away from a playoff position, more importantly 19 points above the relegation places. Rather pleasing to have finished in the highest position of all of last seasons promoted teams and by a significant margin.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Definitely a good season....with a game to go we are only 9 points away from a playoff position, more importantly 19 points above the relegation places. Rather pleasing to have finished in the highest position of all of last seasons promoted teams and by a significant margin.
    As the real champions of last year's League 2 ....

Average position of promoted clubs over the preceding 5 seasons 13th with an average of 62 points (excluding Bury’s zero!). 2 were promoted and 2 relegated (both last season), so this year’s crop have underachieved... with the exception of the Mighty Alex! A win on Sunday and it will be 66 points and I reckon higher than 14th.

And, as importantly, we have played some delightful football at times and brought on another crop of good young players and made some good signings. Even with our previous youngsters, I can’t remember a season where our first choice 11 included 7 or 8 of our own kids, more if you include Murph! Great job by Dave and Kenny.

Only 5 opinions????? Must be more out there!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    There is. It’s just as I said 20,19, 18 ad nauseam months ago. Nobody replies, contributes etc despite the massive views figures. That’s why I don’t bother any more...oops!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Some people only comment when things are going badly and they’ve got something to moan about.

Very satisfied with our position in the league . We are the top team from last years promoted clubs. We have sold 2 players and banked a sizable amount of money . We have given young players a run in the side to gain experience. We now have a group of youngsters maturing nicely. Improvements are being made around the ground. We have a new chairman who looks forward to developing the club more. All in all a very good season, cannot wait for the new one to start. Top marks to all those involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    There is. It’s just as I said 20,19, 18 ad nauseam months ago. Nobody replies, contributes etc despite the massive views figures. That’s why I don’t bother any more...oops!
    But what are your views on the season about to finish