+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T: Man United fans get Liverpool game postponed

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Couldn't disagree more.

I fully support Gary Neville's comments on this to date. The main story here isn't about trespass, a pitch invasion, minor disturbance , camera tripod being thrown, a corner flag being taken . You will always get a handful who take it too far but don't be duped into thinking the pitch invasion and above is the story.

I don't think some quarters of the football family quite realise what impact a successful ESL, as planned, would have had on football and more important communities as a whole in this country and across Europe.

Gary sums it up best

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/sta...743599621?s=20

Unless you think he's over egging it, sensationalizing things, or making it about him?
    No I think he’s a hypocrite. Easy to be controversial when you’ve made all your money in the greed league paid for by the likes of the glazers.

Do I think the SL would have been a disaster for a lot of the football pyramid, no. I just think it would be a disaster for the 30 or so below the top teams. They’d suddenly be like the rest of the teams shafted by the PL formation.

The ESL is gone, this is no longer about that, it’s a mob as always and an excuse for idle hands to be put to work.

Both disgraces but the likely impacts of each are like chalk and cheese and are frankly incomparable.

One is far reaching, scary, unknown, global and could impact millions of people and multiple countries detrimentally in multiple ways.

The other dozen or so people was very much more localised to Greater Manchester, damaged a tripod, we have a corner flag MIA and needlessly wasted the polices time money and resources.
    Newsflash. The ESL isn’t happening? Did you miss the memo.

Lot more than a dozen or so on those videos......

Versus the far reaching, scary, unknown, global and impacting millions of people and multiple countries detrimentally in multiple ways that isn’t happening.

He's not a hypocrite at all in my eyes, making all that money gives him the easy way out to say nothing, not speak out, play it safe which is never has. I believe he would be as outspoken if not as successful a player and wealthy he just wouldn't have as a good platform to make a stand and influence.

Don you may want to change that ? to a ! then it will make sense but don't worry I still follow ya

Isn't happening because of the universal reaction from the footballing world , I'm sure you caught in on TV or the internet once or twice.

If the response had been a lot more muted it could/would have happened. I think you a re very naive to think that the impact would be limited to just 30 teams.

He's not a hypocrite at all in my eyes, making all that money gives him the easy way out to say nothing, not speak out, play it safe which is never has. I believe he would be as outspoken if not as successful a player and wealthy he just wouldn't have as a good platform to make a stand and influence.

Don you may want to change that ? to a ! then it will make sense but don't worry I still follow ya

Isn't happening because of the universal reaction from the footballing world , I'm sure you caught in on TV or the internet once or twice.

If the response had been a lot more muted it could/would have happened. I think you a re very naive to think that the impact would be limited to just 30 teams.
    So was he outspoken against the PL? Moving significant money away from a more even distribution to the whole FL to a few clubs?

Must have missed all the times he criticised the way the money was distributed to clubs outside the PL, and him speaking out about academy tiers....and all the other ways that benefitted the few over the many.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    So was he outspoken against the PL? Moving significant money away from a more even distribution to the whole FL to a few clubs?

Must have missed all the times he criticised the way the money was distributed to clubs outside the PL, and him speaking out about academy tiers....and all the other ways that benefitted the few over the many.
    Actually when it all booted off about the ESL he mentioned the PL and how some didn’t like it. He stated and quite rightly that the Premier League clubs have put a lot of money back in to the communities.
    Look at what clubs have done in terms of stadia, academies etc.
    The other thing about the PL is that it’s a fair competition. Any club can play in it - 49 different clubs have done so far. Not the closed shop that the ESL was going to be.
    In terms of the distribution of wealth, I have no real objection to Premier League teams taking a huge slice of the pie. As a product it’s the best in the world and is paid accordingly, they also have the outgoings to match. Companies like Sky and BT provide TV revenue yet a number of teams in Leagues 1 and 2 won’t make an appearance on TV.

Both disgraces but the likely impacts of each are like chalk and cheese and are frankly incomparable.

One is far reaching, scary, unknown, global and could impact millions of people and multiple countries detrimentally in multiple ways.

The other dozen or so people was very much more localised to Greater Manchester, damaged a tripod, we have a corner flag MIA and needlessly wasted the polices time money and resources.
    A dozen or so? Watch the video on the news.

Damaged a tripod? What about the police officer slashed with a broken bottle?

If Neville did say what is reported on here, he should be relieved of his duties forthwith on Sky Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Actually when it all booted off about the ESL he mentioned the PL and how some didn’t like it. He stated and quite rightly that the Premier League clubs have put a lot of money back in to the communities.
    Look at what clubs have done in terms of stadia, academies etc.
    The other thing about the PL is that it’s a fair competition. Any club can play in it - 49 different clubs have done so far. Not the closed shop that the ESL was going to be.
    In terms of the distribution of wealth, I have no real objection to Premier League teams taking a huge slice of the pie. As a product it’s the best in the world and is paid accordingly, they also have the outgoings to match. Companies like Sky and BT provide TV revenue yet a number of teams in Leagues 1 and 2 won’t make an appearance on TV.
    Yes that’s the argument for the PL.

And it’s all true. The PL gives money to community football, it also gives some money to the FL.

Did football not do that before the PL then?

Why do you think the PL occurred? To get a much bigger slice of the pie to fewer clubs. So they could pay higher wages to Neville et al.

It isn’t yet a closed shop, but look at how many clubs compared to the 49 have entered the champions league, or won the title. Compare that to the 30 years prior to the PL.

Also, it takes time to close the doors. All you do is make the pie slices bigger and bigger for those who have, and for those who fall. Very soon the same clubs just go up and down....

The PL was created to make the rich richer.

Talking of fairness and investment in academies, could a L1 or L2 club hold out for the sale of a youth player to Arsenal for 2million quid nowadays?

How much has it been “agreed” that PL clubs can buy young players from L1 and L2 clubs in this “fair” system? (Forced on league clubs for the pittance of TV money distributed to the poor)

Yes there is greater investment in fewer academies, so much so that those now have to field B teams in full members competitions.....

Meanwhile lots of lower league clubs closed their academies.
    Last edited by The_Don_ORiordan; 02-05-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Here’s a good article from 3 years ago showing the amazing finding going into academies and the community of football thanks to the PL.

Even their own members are ditching parts of their academies.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/allou...tball-why/amp/

This bit is particularly damning about Tranmere’s decision to close their academy.
    “The decision was not taken lightly by supporters, but with the academy costing the club £300,000 a season and having lost over £500,00 of central funding over the last two years for its academy operations, it’s clear to see why the decision was made. It’s believed that the EPPP system was to blame for this, with Mark Palios former FA Chief Executive saying, “The system is well intentioned but it favours the larger clubs, it needs to be re-looked at”.

The EPPP, which is Premier League led, essentially ranks football clubs into academy categories, with category one academies such as Manchester United and Chelsea receiving the most, compared to lower league category three and four academies. Therefore, potentially seeing the end of players such as Aaron Cresswell, Jason Koumas and former Newcastle defender Ryan Taylor, whom were all a product of Tranmere’s youth system.”

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post

When the Premier League started he wasn't old enough to vote, drink and was probably learning to drive.

Yeah I'm sure all 16/17 years are outspoken on such matters, disgusting lol.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast