+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Our Premier league season

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Remember the bloke ranting outside the ground afterwards, saying summat like..
    " this is all about Newcastle, Everton, & Tottenham not going down, and everybody here knows it! ".
    I've always thought the same, and yes although it sounds like sour grapes and being a sore loser etc, those highlights just always bring back the same angry feelings every time.

As for if Danny had stayed in '98, and Redders as well remember as he made an ill advised move to Charlton for one more year in the Prem, well who knows what might have happened.
    Sure i read redders didnt want to go we got a million for him which wa good money but redders wa my favourite ever player for tarn, i think he got most goals for a prem midfielder that yr aswell including beckham i remember being pround of him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I saw all 38 games by hook or crook , to be honest at the time I was on my own with a mortgage and got myself in a bit of debt to fund it .

I'm saying that but I probably didn't help myself either , travelling by train away and having a good day on the pop .

We took some hammering's but the win at Anfield was a special day and another good night at Villa Park when we were bloody excellent .

The cup run put some icing on the cake for me , 9k travelling reds at Old Trafford and knocking them out in the replay was the standout although Spurs away and home weren't too shabby either in round 4 '

Great times really thinking back .
    I wa just thinking a bit of debt?single doing what you did must av been ace mate, folk have retirement money saved got to take the opportunity while tha can mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Sure i read redders didnt want to go we got a million for him which wa good money but redders wa my favourite ever player for tarn, i think he got most goals for a prem midfielder that yr aswell including beckham i remember being pround of him for that.
    We missed him thats for sure, although he didn't have many more years left in him did he ?.
    I seem to remember us facing him twice after that in the League cup, away at Bradford and at home to Halifax.

I wa just thinking a bit of debt?single doing what you did must av been ace mate, folk have retirement money saved got to take the opportunity while tha can mate.
    Well that's our I saw it at the time but credit cards are alreight till tha's pay the bugger back .

You only live once though .

We missed him thats for sure, although he didn't have many more years left in him did he ?.
    I seem to remember us facing him twice after that in the League cup, away at Bradford and at home to Halifax.
    It was only till I read his book I realised why he left us .

The likes of Tinkler and Hristov were on far more money and they wouldn't pay Redders the same .

Why I don't know , absolute madness .

Well that's our I saw it at the time but credit cards are alreight till tha's pay the bugger back .

You only live once though .
    A once had a credit card mi sen a wa just payin minimum payment.bill wasnt going down minimum payment is just interest init.payed it off as quick as i could never had 1 since.

It was only till I read his book I realised why he left us .

The likes of Tinkler and Hristov were on far more money and they wouldn't pay Redders the same .

Why I don't know , absolute madness .
    So he wanted to go then?a mean he should av been on most money apart frm ward maybe but thats gutted me abit.

So he wanted to go then?a mean he should av been on most money apart frm ward maybe but thats gutted me abit.
    It's pathetic isn't it, the fact that certain players who in fairness weren't as good as Redders, were earning more.
    I didn't know this, so it does put things into a bit more perspective. Hes a Yorkie isn't he, and I bet he was glad to come back up here a season later.

It's pathetic isn't it, the fact that certain players who in fairness weren't as good as Redders, were earning more.
    I didn't know this, so it does put things into a bit more perspective. Hes a Yorkie isn't he, and I bet he was glad to come back up here a season later.
    Guaranteed to get 15 to 20 goals a season frm midfield every yr, cashed him in i dont know how we went bust must av been some rubbish buissness decisions because we made a few bob on player sales.as long as you can live with yourselves i tell my kids.

Well I don't think we were close to coming straight back up in 1998-99, and sadly it proved to be the end for John Hendrie.
    Then we had the heartbreaking Wembley Final loss in 2000 of course, and we've never come anywhere near since then.

Like you say Rasca, there were some awful business decisions made at the time, which led to our relegation and dreadful administration. Who knows what might have happened if we'd beat Ipswich in that 2000 Final and gone back up ?.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast