+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Scottish cup semi final 🏆

Are some of you guys for real FFS???

We’ve struggled for 4 seasons in the Championship, and having managed to get out of that, have (with several games to go), avoided any end of season relegation shenenagons. In parallel, we’ve managed to get to the Scottish Cup semi-final, yet having been beat by (an established) Hibs team, some are not happy, REALLY??? FFS, some of our fans need a reality check!!

Yes I'm for real . We wer s*** today like been most season . One game against a very poor Aberdeen side doesn't mean that the obvious favourites play week in week out . What about using subs that might make difference instead the same guys who play crap stay on pitch . I'm delighted we've stayed up obviously but don't mean I need to be happy with what I've watched most season

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    Yes I'm for real . We wer s*** today like been most season . One game against a very poor Aberdeen side doesn't mean that the obvious favourites play week in week out . What about using subs that might make difference instead the same guys who play crap stay on pitch . I'm delighted we've stayed up obviously but don't mean I need to be happy with what I've watched most season
    One game against a very poor Aberdeen side put us into the semi final, one game against a much better Hibs side put us out.

Apart from that, consistency helped us achieve our number one priority this season and we missed top 6 by 1 point! Still able to finish 7th too which will now be the obvious priority.

We have a lot of would be football managers on here and other boards, **** only knows where we'd be now if any one of them was actually in charge.

I'd rather put my faith in the man who sees these players day in and day out tbh.

I'm blaming the hampden hoodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    One game against a very poor Aberdeen side put us into the semi final, one game against a much better Hibs side put us out.

Apart from that, consistency helped us achieve our number one priority this season and we missed top 6 by 1 point! Still able to finish 7th too which will now be the obvious priority.

We have a lot of would be football managers on here and other boards, **** only knows where we'd be now if any one of them was actually in charge.

I'd rather put my faith in the man who sees these players day in and day out tbh.
    Your obviously been happy with what you been watching all season . I'm never trying be a manager but would think everybody can see the 3 strikers never worked all season thats the s*** we've had to watch also I've not said MM should go but hopefully the football is better next season at least

Quote Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
    Your obviously been happy with what you been watching all season . I'm never trying be a manager but would think everybody can see the 3 strikers never worked all season thats the s*** we've had to watch also I've not said MM should go but hopefully the football is better next season at least
    Happy with some aspects yes, not entirely with others. But as the saying goes, you can only piss with the cock you've got! That's what Micky has been doing in my opinion.

Happy with the season overall? Of course. Could maybe have been better, could definitely have been a lot worse.

could definitely been a lot better, would anyone trust if the last of the money we had on MM to find his players.. i am sure football is an entertainment sport, and i have seen most games and we have been anything but entertaining.. by choice i will not be getting season ticket if hes in charge, never wanted him at start but we got him and so he deserved his chance..he is not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    could definitely been a lot better, would anyone trust if the last of the money we had on MM to find his players.. i am sure football is an entertainment sport, and i have seen most games and we have been anything but entertaining.. by choice i will not be getting season ticket if hes in charge, never wanted him at start but we got him and so he deserved his chance..he is not for me.
    He deserved 'his chance'.....but he's not had 'his chance' has he? He's dealing with a group of players that were barely good enough for the Championship. He gets another season for me. Let's see what he can do when he's strengthened. His hand have been tied big time here. For instance he can't replace Robson or Smith because we don't have any other full backs good enough. He has to play Butcher/Harkes/Pawlett because he hasn't any other options and none of them are first 11 players for me. I'll judge him this time next year if he's still here.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He deserved 'his chance'.....but he's not had 'his chance' has he? He's dealing with a group of players that were barely good enough for the Championship. He gets another season for me. Let's see what he can do when he's strengthened. His hand have been tied big time here. For instance he can't replace Robson or Smith because we don't have any other full backs good enough. He has to play Butcher/Harkes/Pawlett because he hasn't any other options and none of them are first 11 players for me. I'll judge him this time next year if he's still here.
    I agree totally. Squad of players mostly that suffered bad defeats in championship

Coming in at last minute and getting to 7/8th and semi final is good progress.

The re signing of average players is concern but we need to see how summer and next season goes before judging Micky.

Hibs are established top 4 club with better players.

A few better decisions from us and the referee and things could have been different

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    by choice i will not be getting season ticket if hes in charge,
    maybe not a bad idea, if you cant support the club due to one manager then maybe this isn't for you. I have to ask though, did you have a ST when he had Mixu, McKinnon, Csaba?

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)