+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish cup semi final 🏆

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    A couple of omens (I know) to think about going into Saturday.

In our 94 and 2010 Cup wins, it was our manager's first season in the hotseat (Golac/Houston) and the Goalie who started the season as our 'number 1' was not the same GK to start for us in the final (Alan Main - Guido & then Weaver - Pernis).

This season... Micky's first season... and step up... big Deniz

It's happening lads.
    I love an omen!

Bud - spot on even thistles strip. I really have thought its our year but then i watch sh!te most weeks i wonder if im completely insane. we will find out i suppose

I’ll probably be different come k.o. but after 4 years of Championship football ‘starring’ the likes of Rakovan, Durnan, Donaldson, the pub player from Barnet, Scott McDonald, Billy King, Craig Slater, Emil Lyng (shudder), I’m honestly just happy to see us somewhere purporting to where we should always be. Anything else is a total bonus - honestly!

But what I would ask of our team is if not for yourselves, the Club or the supporters, do it for this man. What a fitting legacy for the season that would mean.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I’ll probably be different come k.o. but after 4 years of Championship football ‘starring’ the likes of Rakovan, Durnan, Donaldson, the pub player from Barnet, Scott McDonald, Billy King, Craig Slater, Emil Lyng (shudder), I’m honestly just happy to see us somewhere purporting to where we should always be. Anything else is a total bonus - honestly!

But what I would ask of our team is if not for yourselves, the Club or the supporters, do it for this man. What a fitting legacy for the season that would mean.

wow - can you do pre match team talk James. Im all pumped up now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post

Jim McLean, right up there with sir Alex and obviously he made walter smith the manager he was. United deserve it because you have been down and have risen up again, also the other 3 teams have won major silverware more recently. United have underachieved at the last hurdle so many times it is easy for a neutral to want to see United win. The weakness may be the injury to your keeper but the best way to make up for that is attack attack attack 😎

Well said!

Such a strange season. Never has circumstance made it harder to be engaged with football, yet those same circumstances have also heightened just how important football is to so many.

For me, this has professionally been the most challenging of years. Relentless without the same levels of rest/relaxation and enjoyment when off work. It has been all consuming. For that reason, this team have done more for me this year than I ever thought possible. They have provided me with my escape and outlet.

This team have achieved more than we could have dared to hope for already. Easily safe. Hampden.....all following the disgusting spectre of attempted cheating from Budge and her deluded followers. I think we underestimate just how impressive these achievements have been against the hardest of circumstance.

I find myself feeling more attached than ever to the club and to this group of players in particular. I want them to succeed as much for themselves as for the club or me/fellow supporters.

A feeling of being truly United.

Whatever happens come the final whistle on Saturday, I can guarantee I will be a blubbering mess!

All I can say is; Come on United. All the best to MM and the team. Shanks to score the winner!!!

Going to miss tomorrow having the songs ....

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY

PUMP IT UP

UNITED ....DUNDEE UNITED...I can’t help falling in love with you

COME ON UNITED !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Going to miss tomorrow having the songs ....

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY

PUMP IT UP

UNITED ....DUNDEE UNITED...I can’t help falling in love with you

COME ON UNITED !!!!
    Time to make a Spotify playlist to distract me this morning.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)