+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish cup semi final 🏆

Scottish cup semi final 🏆

Great to be involved in this and be where we should be in semi finals of big competitions.

With Sevco and Celtic both out this is a massive opportunity, that is rarely going to be repeated.

Biggest match we have had in a lot of years

We start as underdogs but we showed against Aberdeen what we are capable of doing when we all perform.

We were lucky v Aberdeen though that they tried to play out from the back so our press with the forwards was so effective. Hibs will play more direct

The games against Hibs have been tough this season and we'll need a lot of fluency and shape to keep the ball and create chances

Assuming Benji still out

Deniz
    Smith Reynolds Edwards Robson
    Fuchs Butcher
    McNulty Pawlett Sporle
    Shanks

Nothing else matters except getting through to the final

COME ON UNITED !!!!

If Doidge plays we need Edwards to match him up -we need to track Boyle and stop him running in behind.

I'll be gobsmacked if it's anything other than the team that started at the weekend. The manager did state after the SSB's that there was still time for others to stake a claim, a comment I find strange when he then fielded the exact same team for the County game, but yeah, same eleven as County in the hope that they'll pull it off again.

Hearing there's another send off at Tannadice at 4pm on Friday.

Also rumours that Sporle spat the dummy after not being picked in the 1/4 final, so I don't expect to see him playing.

Yeah the exact same team wasn’t exactly suggesting competition for places or that there would be a different team for the semis

I know it worked well at pittodrie but I don’t think this calls for playing the 3 forwards

Hibs are very dangerous going forward and we can’t afford any players not contributing on Saturday. All need to be at it

We need width to counter their wide players, similar to Easter Rd earlier in the season. We played 3/5 at the back that day (whatever way you look at it). Saints had a five man defence at the weekend. The narrow shape vs Aberdeen will play into their hands imo.

Think the bigger pitch might suit us if we turn up with our A game. If we turn up with our C game we'll get a tanking.

I worry about our left side without Sporle sitting in to give Jamie extra protection but
    I think he'll start the same 11 again. Pawlett as selected by LSArab probably better than Harkes but Logan Chalmers would thrive on that pitch, just depends how defensive MM goes from kick off (think I've answered my own question there)

Big opportunity, c'mon let's take it.
    🧡

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Think the bigger pitch might suit us if we turn up with our A game. If we turn up with our C game we'll get a tanking.

I worry about our left side without Sporle sitting in to give Jamie extra protection but
    I think he'll start the same 11 again. Pawlett as selected by LSArab probably better than Harkes but Logan Chalmers would thrive on that pitch, just depends how defensive MM goes from kick off (think I've answered my own question there)

Big opportunity, c'mon let's take it.
    ��
    Agree with this, especially the cover for Robson part.

Does Sporle cover for Robson tho? I've not seen him tuck in when Jamie goes on a wide run over the half way line, or double up on a wide playing flyer. And when we gain possession he just seems to want to fly up the park (in any position) I'm not knocking him for wanting to attack, I just think if we are thinking of giving JR some cover , Sporle might not be defensively minded enough to help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Does Sporle cover for Robson tho? I've not seen him tuck in when Jamie goes on a wide run over the half way line, or double up on a wide playing flyer. And when we gain possession he just seems to want to fly up the park (in any position) I'm not knocking him for wanting to attack, I just think if we are thinking of giving JR some cover , Sporle might not be defensively minded enough to help him out.
    He did previously although not so much recently. He needs to be told to sit in a little more and be more disciplined.
    Some of our better performances came with them two on the left. From what I'm seeing we're getting targeted on the left.

Love Sporle. His defensive discipline does let him down but he offers something that no one else does. He's so raw and unpredictable, opposition defenders don't seem to know how to handle him. Always good for a goal as well.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)