+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish cup semi final 🏆

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Army View Post
    Excellent SA.

SRYB

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar_Army View Post

1994 is the only year I've been truly convinced our name was on the cup, and that was before the season even started, I just knew it was fated that as soon as the LEGEND retired we would crack it. I actually wore that jackson pollock away strip to the final, I remember at the time being undecided if it was minging or cool, in the end I bought it anyway. The home top was smart too, but the strip was ruined by tangerine shorts i thought.

Was the first season I saw us win at Hampden too, in the semi against the sheep, I remember familiar sinking feeling as time ticked away in the first match, which budgie burrige was great in goals for Aberdeen, until Welsh popped up. Then in the replay, Utd fans singing before the match 'who needs Cantona, when we've got Brian Welsh'.

Shame we can't be there to back the boys today, win, lose or pens.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Day of the game now and still feeling surprisingly relaxed. I felt much more nervous before the semis in 2010 and 2014 primarily because we had a team who we knew were genuine potential winners and it would feel like a disaster if they failed to do it. This time round though the primary objectives were stay up, stay up and stay up. I would never say the Cup is irrelevant but it has certainly not been the most important task of the season. Nor deep down can I see this team winning it so if it doesn’t happen today I’m not going to cry myself to sleep but instead see the progress to the semi as another step along the road to recovery onset from THAT night in February 2015. All I want from the team today is to give it their utmost and if it proves not enough then so be it. BUT, you never, ever know and maybe (and knowing their record of bottling it) all Micky needs to say pre game is “Lads, it’s Hibs.”
    Yes similar, combination of not being there, and not having high expectations of this team, I'm bit more relaxed than normal. All we ask is they they leave nothing out there, and think they have shown they are a pretty honest bunch of players this season whatever their limitations. Still think losing Benji massive loss, and worried for corners etc... though maybe Denis can be an unlikely hero if it goes to pens. Hibs have better players, certainly better attacking options as they can mix it with Doidge height and boyle pace, but at the end of the day, it is still just Hibs, and if their support is to be believed then they have been pretty unimpressive for big chunks of the season.

Thats my first beer opened. Just a forewarning to the mods in case i start talking ****e again

Not seen GB on here for a wee bit hope to wallow in some celebrations at 6PM tonight with him. Hope all well sir

Today is the big day.

We’re gonna do it.

All the gaffer need say is “Hullo hullo we are Dundee United

They are hibs, United are the better cup side. Stats pretty equal in all games, looks like Uniteds turn to win. Not a big deal, just get the win boys and you can have the day aff tomorrow “

7/2 for the win in 90 mins. I’ll huv some of that.

Shankland to get a late winner 🥳

Does anyone know where this match is on have found premier sports 1 and premier sports 2 but neither tell me If match is on that station just getting spanish football on 1 and italian on 2?

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Does anyone know where this match is on have found premier sports 1 and premier sports 2 but neither tell me If match is on that station just getting spanish football on 1 and italian on 2?
    Broadcast starts 1530 Premiersports 1.

The number 8 shirt us the one Davie Hannah swapped with Ian Ferguson at the end of the match. The flag was bought out the back of a van right after the final. They were literally painting the 1-0 on them as we bought them! The Jackson Pollock has seen better days but a wee bit of history so worth keeping.

Closed doors is a total pisser. Would have been well on in a bouncing Church On The Hill by now.................

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Broadcast starts 1530 Premiersports 1.
    im watching La liga just now to get my moneys worth

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)