+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Games today

Games today

Chesterfield and Wrexham both losing at the minute. Psychologically that would be a boost as we would remain within 3 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Chesterfield and Wrexham both losing at the minute. Psychologically that would be a boost as we would remain within 3 points.
    I think we should want Hartlepool to come back against Bromley, 1 down at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I think we should want Hartlepool to come back against Bromley, 1 down at the moment
    Would be ideal. We still have to play Bromley twice in our last four games, mind, so their results are less of an immediate worry.

Wrexham back to just 2-1 down at Maidenhead

Maybe it's good Wrexham got a goal back. 2-0 to Maidenhead would put them above us. Yes - Maidenhead!

As it stands Daggers go above us today. M'head too would have us 12th out of 23...
    I'd advise not looking at the table today

I think you’re looking at a live table then adding the results to it - wins for Maidenhead and Dagenham still leave them behind us.

Now that we can't win the league I'm rooting for Torquay United to win it and return to League Two, because I've long had a soft spot for them.

In the mid-eighties when I was a kid I naively thought that if you wrote to a football club and asked them to send you a programme or some memorabilia, they would do so. I wrote to several clubs throughout the league from top to bottom and some didn't a reply at all, while others including Notts sent me a price list, which was fair enough.

However, Torquay had caught my eye because they seemed to perennially finish bottom of Division Four and my childish heart felt sorry for them. So I wrote to them also, and duly received by return post a programme from a recent match against Southend and a club sticker, accompanied by a compliment slip saying "Sorry, this is all we've got!".

I've had their back ever since, except when they're playing Notts!

Thank God for that, being behind that pair would be time to throw in the towel

Wrexham level

Mixed day for us really.

Torquay winning puts a lot of pressure on Sutton tomorrow - they really need to come and win. Not sure whether that suits us or not!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast