+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Maurice Ross Sacked

Maybe he layed into some of the players and it went too far and he did something that couldn't be excused. Why are we such a disaster.

Can’t decide whether I’d love to hear the thoughts of the owners on owning Notts County FC now or not. To not make any further statement will only increase the concern of the already simmering fans, what a mess...not long ago we seemed to be stabilising pretty well, sacking Ardley has seen the wheels truly fall off.

On the other hand, isn’t Ross the one falling out with people on Twitter not long ago? He’s probably a bit ‘old skool’ for the modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    So either Burch now becomes no.2 to an experienced manager announced in the coming days...... or........

A 23 year old we've never heard of with a distinguished career working with under 16s on the Isles of Scilly (where he is very well thought of) will be appointed as Burch's new assistant.
    Ardley?

Maybe he tried to disconnect the Reedtz brothers' computer.

Probably nothing much more than a disagreement with Burch as to how to move forward, but short of any more info the fans are left to speculate the worst.
    Out of the Burch/Ross partnership, I had him pegged as the useful one. Ex Player, decent pedigree, knows what the game is all about and what a successful team requires. I demand my S/T refunded!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Ardley?
    I've got that Wings version of the "Crossrroads" theme tune in my head now. Music fades out and Ardley walks back into the dressing room "alright boys?"

Thinking about it, it's a bit of a masterstroke. Sacrificial lamb for the baying disciples? Deflect the crap being thrown at IB, if we don't make the PO's it was MR's fault, if we do it proves IB was the right man for the job. Win, win!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Thinking about it, it's a bit of a masterstroke. Sacrificial lamb for the baying disciples? Deflect the crap being thrown at IB, if we don't make the PO's it was MR's fault, if we do it proves IB was the right man for the job. Win, win!
    Sound logic, but do we know for sure he's been sacked? Could he have walked? The statement appears to leave that possibility open.

Magpie Circle tonight live at 7pm
    Not sure his comments will help the situation

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Can’t decide whether I’d love to hear the thoughts of the owners on owning Notts County FC now or not. To not make any further statement will only increase the concern of the already simmering fans, what a mess...not long ago we seemed to be stabilising pretty well, sacking Ardley has seen the wheels truly fall off.

On the other hand, isn’t Ross the one falling out with people on Twitter not long ago? He’s probably a bit ‘old skool’ for the modern game.
    Also the statement on the club website is as short as could possibly be with no pleasantries such as thanks or best wishes for the future. Usually when anyone leaves there is typically a one liner along those lines at the end. Not in this case.

Hasn’t Ross been having spats on social media with fans in recent weeks? Maybe something was said their.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast