+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Maurice Ross Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Context is key as you say and his judgement was poor. Did he deserve to get sacked / leave / whatever. Not sure. But context is key and his judgement was very poor.
    out of interest what was the context ? you keep mentioning it ...

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    What melodramatic load of old waffle that is Biker. Go and join Mr Cleese in the Caribbean if that's how you feel, I've been told it's lovely there.

Although it's a shame you've left though cos I was interested to know whether you celebrated the injury time winner against Sutton? As we know you laughably didn't want anyone celebrating the late late winner away at Chesterfield earlier this season. Just wondered if it had changed now NA has gone. You've been very quiet recently.

Looks like I will never find out, never mind.

See ya
    Oh the hypocrisy .....!
    Ask Biker if he ever bets on Notts to lose a game of football ?
    I'm 99.9999999% certain he doesn't , but I'm sure we all know someone on here that does bet on the Pies losing ...now who could it be ??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    ‘ The comment was absolutely racist, it was made because Enzio is black, full stop’

It’s not full stop at all. There aren’t half some condescending posts on here.

The comment was born out of ignorance, not racism. Enzio is black (fact)....Enzio looks like the majority of Africans (fact, in the same way i look like the majority of Brits/Europeans )....There are many Africans with doctored passports with fake ages (fact). The only thing that isn’t a fact is that Enzio is not of course African. So, is it racist or offensive to suggest Enzio is African...no, not in my mind, just ignorant.

There’s a quite a big difference between ignorance and racism and although ignorant and stupid, it’s not racist. Ignorance can lead to racism of course, but I think in this instance Maurice Ross has been hard done by.
    great post , I've know idea WTF uggypie is on about , wow just wow....

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Massive apologies! I meant to reply to Pedro - I know you are not blaming Enzio at all.
    All good mine is a smooth mix duck

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Comparing, or calling Aussies Kiwis and vice versa, is worse than racism, it's a hanging offence. I don't know if we have thicker skin down here, but Wogs refer to themselves as Wogs, we are not Poms but Pommy barstewrds. We take the pi55 out of ourselves and each other; there is obviously a line you don't cross (family etc) but what was said to Enzio, down here anyway, I don't think would be construed as crossing the line. Then again I live in the redneck area of Oz, but in my experience it would apply everywhere.
    Its changing though Foreign. And here is a great example of context for pedro to consider. As he doesn't seem to understand it. The word POM here is a term of endearment. The context in which it is used is a joking polite mannerism to take the piss out of someone who you actually like from the UK. You wouldn't call an Italian a POM as an Italian is a wog. You would only use it with an Brit. If you are taking the piss out of Enzio as his movement is slow then by all means take the piss out of his slow movement and by all means deascribe him as moving like an old man if you want, but using context to suggest ( even in a mickey taking kind of way) that he might have a doctored African passport as he is black could obviously be construed as racist whether intended or not ( and I don't think it was meant obviously just a clumsy choice of words). The 2 ways in which the words are used are totally different as the context is. Gerrit pedro?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Maybe we could have this poll and include the colour of the person as well.
    I suspect the majority on here who are saying it is racism are white and their experience and context of racism is through the pages of a good book and would like to portray themselves as evangelists and doers of good, so are quick to judge as it gives them Kudos.
    Africa was mentioned the recipient of the comment is black , Look a racist , burn him.
    let him that throws the first stone (hope it doesn't break a window , or is it a brick) etcetc
    Why are you assuming I am white? I'm actually part English part Polish part Australian and have olive coloured skin. I do barrack for THE POMS in all sport though. and. I am certainly not a doer of good and I am certainly no angel. I'm also trying not to judge but you do make that hard! You're entitled to your opinions however we live in a free world. However you do seem to be in a minority of 1. You've certainly kicked up a stink since your return from bansville!

Its changing though Foreign. And here is a great example of context for pedro to consider. As he doesn't seem to understand it. The word POM here is a term of endearment. The context in which it is used is a joking polite mannerism to take the piss out of someone who you actually like from the UK. You wouldn't call an Italian a POM as an Italian is a wog. You would only use it with an Brit. If you are taking the piss out of Enzio as his movement is slow then by all means take the piss out of his slow movement and by all means deascribe him as moving like an old man if you want, but using context to suggest ( even in a mickey taking kind of way) that he might have a doctored African passport as he is black could obviously be construed as racist whether intended or not ( and I don't think it was meant obviously just a clumsy choice of words). The 2 ways in which the words are used are totally different as the context is. Gerrit pedro?

Yes it probably slowly is changing..that won’t be complete until our generation is gone, and the world is full of those that aren’t sure whether they identify as male, female or toaster. By the way, the male toilets in the hospital up here are now required to have female sanitary bins in them, so nobody can accuse us of not moving with the times. Off to Bunnings to get some supa glue.

Why are you assuming I am white? I'm actually part English part Polish part Australian and have olive coloured skin. I do barrack for THE POMS in all sport though. and. I am certainly not a doer of good and I am certainly no angel. I'm also trying not to judge but you do make that hard! You're entitled to your opinions however we live in a free world. However you do seem to be in a minority of 1. You've certainly kicked up a stink since your return from bansville!
    I never said you were white, where did I say you was white ?, I was asking who is and who isn't , get a grip.
    that's quite strange as there are many on her that have said they don't think its racist , that it was ill advised , it was ignorance , it wasn't worthy of him losing his job do I need to go on.
    how have I kicked up a stink ?
    I think you're the one causing more issues than anyone by keep going on about context, as far as I'm aware we don't know the context , we only have an idea of what was said, so like i asked you very nicely before , would you like to give us the context you keep going on about and the context i keep ignoring apparently?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Yes it probably slowly is changing..that won’t be complete until our generation is gone, and the world is full of those that aren’t sure whether they identify as male, female or toaster. By the way, the male toilets in the hospital up here are now required to have female sanitary bins in them, so nobody can accuse us of not moving with the times. Off to Bunnings to get some supa glue.
    Don't you use Tarzan glue Foreign? Its much cheaper and still in Bunnings me 'owd.

He didn't suggest he has a doctored passport because he is black ?
    He suggested his mobility and birth age didn't tally with the movement he was displaying on the pitch, he then likened his age and movement to that of Africans with a false passport and false ages simply because it is a recognisable analogy that most people know about and can relate to as it was headline news.
    That's probably why Julian Jenner wasn't used as an example as someone eluded to earlier because no one would know what he was on about i doubt if ross even knows who he was.
    Age and lack of mobility were the primary factor ,like i said before, , "if it would have been ok if captain Tom was used as an example would it be ok and the answer was no it wouldn't because Captain Tom isn't black and is out of context as well as saying it would be having a pop at people that are immobile,
    who would figure , you mention black or white coffee its deemed as inappropriate you mention captain tom and its unfair on those with mobility issues, its a minefield out there the world as gone crazy..
    The upshot is Enzio felt offended and I'm not disagreeing with that i cant tell anyone how to feel about a remark made against them., I'm sure he's been called far worse but I'm disappointed that they couldn't sit around a table discuss it (or nut him) point out the dangers and get back out training and perhaps work and coach Enzio's movement and runs around the pitch. Really disappointed as there is a great player in there waiting to get out.
    I'm disappointed that Enzio seemed to be more focused on what was deemed to be racist comment rather than get on the pitch and try and improve his game , simply because if it was me that's what i would have chose to do. But I've been called far worse than that in my lifetime , in life at work and on a football pitch.
    I'm also disappointed that Ross made such a poor way to critique his player but like QP says it could have been meant as a joking polite loving critism but taken out of context.?
    as the great Greek one once said , who loves you baby !x
    p.s i could be wrong and IB and Enzio might well have been out on the training ground working on run patterns and timings so fingers crossed we will see a new and improved attacking performance from him at the weekend. Like i say i actually rate him as a player and believe there is so much more potential in there to burst out , especially if he's not used as a defensive midfielder or right wing back !
    Last edited by PedroTheFisherman66; 07-05-2021 at 03:45 AM.

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast