+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is not done

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is not done

I've seen an awful lot of confidence that we're staying up now.

Howay, man...has following NUFC taught folk nowt??

Yeah, I know Fulham have to buck their season-long trend of not winning BUT, this season out of all recent seasons, does anyone truly have the confidence that they won't? They play Burnley and Southampton in successive games and, let's be clear about this, if a team managed by Bruce can beat those two, Fulham definitely can too.

Our next two games are against Leicester and Man City and I'd be hugely surprised, especially after our Arsenal performance, if we got anything out of either of those.

That would leave Fulham 3 points behind with a better goal difference and then all bets are off. Pressure does funny things to teams-more so if they're worried-and we should be worried whereas Fulham will be desperate. The team with nothing to lose will throw everything at a game whereas our coward-in-chief has already proved that he'll try to hang on to the points advantage we've got as opposed to widen it.

I know that a point against Leicester and a Fulham defeat to Burnley would leave us safe so it could be all over by the weekend...but who in their heart of hearts reallky thinks that will happen?

Maybe this is just last minute (ish) nerves but, just as fatso has destroyed my faith in the Club, Bruce has destroyed my faith in the team.

Fuck's sake, man...I'm not even sure what the point of this post is...feel free to ignore.
    Last edited by Zippity; 03-05-2021 at 04:46 PM. Reason: destroyed my faith in my keyboard

Won’t ignore one bit! I was saying this to the lads before the game yesterday. Gimpy has already set us up for damage limitations v Sheffield Utd once already this season and I wouldn’t be surprised if he does so again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I've seen an awful lot of confidence that we're staying up now.

Howay, man...has following NUFC taught folk nowt??

Yeah, I know Fulham have to buck their season-long trend of not winning BUT, this season out of all recent seasons, does anyone truly have the confidence that they won't? They play Burnley and Southampton in successive games and, let's be clear about this, if a team managed by Bruce can beat those two, Fulham definitely can too.

Our next two games are against Leicester and Man City and I'd be hugely surprised, especially after our Arsenal performance, if we got anything out of either of those.

That would leave Fulham 3 points behind with a better goal difference and then all bets are off. Pressure does funny things to teams-more so if they're worried-and we should be worried whereas Fulham will be desperate. The team with nothing to lose will throw everything at a game whereas our coward-in-chief has already proved that he'll try to hang on to the points advantage we've got as opposed to widen it.

I know that a point against Leicester and a Fulham defeat to Burnley would leave us safe so it could be all over by the weekend...but who in their heart of hearts reallky thinks that will happen?

Maybe this is just last minute (ish) nerves but, just as fatso has destroyed my faith in the Club, Bruce has destroyed my faith in the team.

Fuck's sake, man...I'm not even sure what the point of this post is...feel free to ignore.

i think our game with Sheff Utd will be crucial, if we win that then we are home free.

Going on form though and being realistic, its Fulham who hold the cards for the run in. Their games against Burnley and Southampton are 6 pointers, these are games where all three teams will be trying to win, Burnley are on the same points as us and Southampton have 1 more point. The problem for Fulham is games are running out they need to win all of their games to stay up.
    Burnley have Fulham, Leeds, Liverpool and Sheff Utd left to play and they are in it just as bad as we are, they NEED to beat Fulham.

ultimately, if Fulham lose to Burnley, we only need a point for the rest of the season
    Last edited by TANYA_; 03-05-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Lets not forget West Brom either. They win tonight and go above Fulham on 28 points with their tails up.

I think we all know this is possible (that we get relegated).

We will lose our next two games. I doubt we'll beat Sheffield United or Fulham

We are a Championship side, with some good players, managed by a bunch of muppets. And a muppets owner.

The performance on Sunday said it all for me.

Can’t disagree with that.

For me we are def not safe.

We lose our next 2 games, i'm 99.9% sure of that.

I think Fulham will certainly win one of them.

If it goes to last day of the season and we need to beat them, well not lose. . . .I would fear for us greatly.

The teams around us are making things a bit easier for us, but like most on here i'm still nervous that we will blow it. Sad state of affairs when we cannot achieve not only safety but a decent position in the league by ourselves. Makes you question whether we deserve it.

This squad should comfortably have 10-15 points more than it has now and that’s even ignoring the craziness of £40M Joelow. Unfortunately like Dementors from Harry Potter - Bruce with his football incompetence & Ashley with his owner incompetence have sucked the life & hope out of this club.

WBA is nearly gone. They have to win all 4. They will not. Fulham has 2 bad games. Burnley and Soton are also fighting for their lives. Fulham has los their mojo. All talk that they play decent football and has chance for survival is coming from 8-10 rounds ago. They have been bad. We will be safe but it doesnt make this an succesfull season. It has been pain and despair.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)