+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transfers-INCOMING?

Would definitely like to see a new right full back. I think Matt Lowton has had his day at this level, of course this could be covered by Eric Pieters but another right back is still necessary. In midfield I would like us to consider one or more of the following (Maitland Niles, Connor Gallagher, Joe Willock possibly Pererra). Up front might be a little more difficult the cost of strikers is astromonical so may be find one for the future. Of course if Nick Pope and James Tarkowski goes then replacements will be needed. Personally. I would definitely sell Dwight McNeil he is far to sloppy in his play and I would also consider selling Ben Mee he also is subject to massive mistakes. I think we will have to have a different looking squad next term - most of which will be dependant on whether or not SD stays with us - which I for one hopes he does.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Would definitely like to see a new right full back. I think Matt Lowton has had his day at this level, of course this could be covered by Eric Pieters but another right back is still necessary. In midfield I would like us to consider one or more of the following (Maitland Niles, Connor Gallagher, Joe Willock possibly Pererra). Up front might be a little more difficult the cost of strikers is astromonical so may be find one for the future. Of course if Nick Pope and James Tarkowski goes then replacements will be needed. Personally. I would definitely sell Dwight McNeil he is far to sloppy in his play and I would also consider selling Ben Mee he also is subject to massive mistakes. I think we will have to have a different looking squad next term - most of which will be dependant on whether or not SD stays with us - which I for one hopes he does.
    If any team came in with anywhere near £60 million for McNeil, I would personally drive him to his new team.

No idea what's up with Ben Mee, his latest idea is to try and run alongside the attacker without putting a leg in. I don't think we can afford to lose Mee and Tarky in one hit though.

Gudmundsson had all the time in the world to take a cross down and hammer it last night, instead he decided to shin it into the cricket field end. Time for him to go and take Lowton with him.

The daft thing is we are only about four players from having a really strong team, but I am not going to hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You have to look at it from the Board's perspective though VC, by PL standards Stephens is a cheap option, how much do you think we've saved by not splashing out on a couple of serious PL players ? Untold millions let me tell you, look at the bigger picture.
    Yes Sinkov, lets look at it from a financial point of view. While most of our incoming players have been comparatively cheap and we have been in a relegation battle this season which may be the result of the lack of recruiting player who are younger and may have some potential rather than players in the twilight of their careers. Younger players with potential may also have a rising sell on value.
    Also the prize money in the EPL increases the higher you finish up the league table so it may be possible that had we recruited better we may have had additional income by finishing higher in the table.

My point was that Stephens has not been value for money this season and over the last few transfer windows we have wasted quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Yes Sinkov, lets look at it from a financial point of view. While most of our incoming players have been comparatively cheap and we have been in a relegation battle this season which may be the result of the lack of recruiting player who are younger and may have some potential rather than players in the twilight of their careers. Younger players with potential may also have a rising sell on value.
    Also the prize money in the EPL increases the higher you finish up the league table so it may be possible that had we recruited better we may have had additional income by finishing higher in the table.

My point was that Stephens has not been value for money this season and over the last few transfer windows we have wasted quite a bit.
    I don't think you quite grasped sinkov's rather poor attempt at irony V-C.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Quite right BT I have re-read Sinkov's post and can now see the irony, I am not as quick on the up take that I used to be, I think its an age thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    Quite right BT I have re-read Sinkov's post and can now see the irony, I am not as quick on the up take that I used to be, I think its an age thing.
    He's a sneaky old blinder is that sinkov. I watch him like a hawk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    What do you mean 'poor attempt' BT, it was a fine example of the genre, good enough to hook VC anyway.

VC, sorry mon ami, my post was very much tongue in cheek, and you're right of course, our transfer dealings are shambolic, and actually a disgrace for a club of our supposed stature. But John B and Mike had to find the money from somewhere to fund the take over and line their pockets, our Dry Powder Store turned out to be just the thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    What do you mean 'poor attempt' BT, it was a fine example of the genre, good enough to hook VC anyway.

VC, sorry mon ami, my post was very much tongue in cheek, and you're right of course, our transfer dealings are shambolic, and actually a disgrace for a club of our supposed stature. But John B and Mike had to find the money from somewhere to fund the take over and line their pockets, our Dry Powder Store turned out to be just the thing.
    Sad but true, sinkov.

With hindsight we can now see they were making the Club liquid in order to de-liquidate it. Hopefully PACE will see the need to invest in players after this season's great escape (touch wood).

"de-liquidate" - Oxford dictionary speak for "rob it blind".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)