+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transfers-INCOMING?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    With hindsight we can now see they were making the Club liquid in order to de-liquidate it. Hopefully PACE will see the need to invest in players after this season's great escape (touch wood).
    Pace is in it for exactly the same reason in fact more so than Garlick+Co.
    There will be more of the same in the transfer windows and that is why Dyche is on his way.He has waited long enough for some decent backing.

Apparently Celtic's Ryan Christie is the next player we're not going to sign.

Pace has talked about his transfer paradigm for the club and there is not one single word or mention of "big money signings".

Likely scenario: Pope sold, Heaton in on a free, Tarkowski gone to the highest bidder, Worrell in to replace him, McNeil gone to the highest bidder, promote one of the kids to replace him and make Stephens the new captain.

Sound about right chaps?

I love the fact that, in many fans' eyes, Mike Garlick and the Board could do no right and were always being criticised for being tight fisted etc., etc.
    Obviously, they decide that they have had enough and decide to get out and leave it to others. They all take their money, which is fair enough, and the club is now under the countrol of new owners who have passed the 'fit and proper' test which the PL insists that they must.

Now all I am seeing is fans moaning about whether or not money will be made available, are this Board going to invest, is Sean Dyche still going to be manager etc., etc.
    It's football, folks, and they make their own rules as they go along. One thing is sure and that is the fact that, at the top level, the fans are the last consideration in any decision making.
    Nothing changes and quite a number of Burnley fans will continue to have a good moan, as they have done in the past 70 years, and it won't make a blind bit of difference. Life still goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Pace has talked about his transfer paradigm for the club and there is not one single word or mention of "big money signings".

Likely scenario: Pope sold, Heaton in on a free, Tarkowski gone to the highest bidder, Worrell in to replace him, McNeil gone to the highest bidder, promote one of the kids to replace him and make Stephens the new captain.

Sound about right chaps?
    Not far off BT, but I still don't think Pope is going anywhere. The top managers/coaches won't pay big money for a keeper who can't play football.

It’s true Sub what you say , I think the real issue is that Garlick said for years I’m a fan and I care about the club and we won’t just make rash moves for big money investors to come in and rape the club - when in effect that’s exactly what he did and used the clubs funds to pay him off ( business is business I know , but we’re honest folk at Burnley and one thing we don’t like is a snake - and in a lot of peoples eyes that’s what him and the others are).

Imo anyway he should have kept his mouth shut about how he loved the club if he didn’t want criticism when he sold it down the river.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    It’s true Sub what you say , I think the real issue is that Garlick said for years I’m a fan and I care about the club and we won’t just make rash moves for big money investors to come in and rape the club - when in effect that’s exactly what he did and used the clubs funds to pay him off ( business is business I know , but we’re honest folk at Burnley and one thing we don’t like is a snake - and in a lot of peoples eyes that’s what him and the others are).

Imo anyway he should have kept his mouth shut about how he loved the club if he didn’t want criticism when he sold it down the river.
    He had the criticism long before he sold the club, perhaps he was making a point.
    Why did the majority of the rest of the Board decide to go as well?

I wonder about the whole thing but I certainly won't worry about it because it is out of my hands. Que sera, sera!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    He had the criticism long before he sold the club, perhaps he was making a point.

I wonder about the whole thing but I certainly won't worry about it because it is out of my hands. Que sera, sera!
    He's still on the Board, he'll still be in the Bob Lord stand, I just hope when they're back our fans make his Saturday afternoons a very uncomfortable experience for him, we made life very uncomfortable for Brian Laws, but he never sold the club down the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

I’ve a feeling them all going was the deal or no deal so to speak , the board will always get criticism at any club because you can’t please everyone, it’s a fine balance trying to keep Burnley competitive in the richest league in the world .

However they sold to Americans who seem to have less interest in new players than Garlick and co, the man that really cares.

Pace has just bought two absolutely brand new (and expensive) spiffing properties, one for his family and one for a bolthole for the US based executives when they are in attendance here in sunny Lancashire.

I'm fairly ambivalent in my opinions on this ALK crew, but they do appear to be setting the stall out for the long run. My question to them is, "Why bother?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)