+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfers-INCOMING?

Transfers-INCOMING?

As the club approaches the end of a very strange season with not only the issues Covid has
    left, but the ALK takeover and the furore of the European Superleague-what next for BFC?
    ALK appears to be “making all the right noises” and Sean Dyche is right when he says the
    club and supporters need to ignore the noise from the media (regarding transfers mainly)
    It does remain however that (as far as I can see) the team needs more than layers adding,
    and therefore I would love to hear what others think about possible targets and incoming
    transfers.
    With the expected departure of Brady and the apparent “fragility” of Gudmundsson, maybe
    we should return to Liverpool winger Harry Wilson.
    He did well at Bournemouth last season and continues to shine at Cardiff having “netted” a
    hat trick over weekend.
    It was clear we were interested, but like most situations Garlicks pockets remained closed
    when it came to a possible signing!
    Nick Pope continues to be linked away and it is reported that the club would want an “eye
    watering” 45M for him!-if this is the case and he does depart Aaron Ramsdale (Sheff utd)
    has been suggested as a replacement-my thoughts on this? Well I would feel it made more
    sense to secure the return of Tom Heaton from Aston Villa who now seems likely to be
    leaving them.
    I would like to see the club retain Tarkowski (but he has previous aka Brentford for upping
    sticks) so I can see him leaving.
    Collins (Stoke) and (Worral (Notts Forest) are constantly linked, but with neither having
    any Premier league experience.
    Maybe if as reported he will be released Phil Jones (Man Utd) is worth a look (a
    controversial one I know BRFC) but if fit would provide a steadying presence at the back
    alongside either of the above. (if he can stay fit)
    Mc Neill is this week's latest name and has been mentioned before as a target for just about
    everyone, but Wolves/Aston Villa I would hope not!
    Along with Everton all “awash” with money they and their supporters talk the talk but
    ultimately end up mid table or thereabouts.
    If he did leave however, I feel with the team already lacking some extra creativity we should
    be looking to add 2 creative players in the middle of the park and finally a right full back.

Based on past experience I might be being too optimistic about any signings, but after last
    night's episode of “Line of Duty” and a second Whisky on this miserable afternoon-I am
    entitled!

Wilson- 7 goals in 30 Championship games, I don’t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by DownThePlughole66 View Post
    As the club approaches the end of a very strange season with not only the issues Covid has
    left, but the ALK takeover and the furore of the European Superleague-what next for BFC?
    ALK appears to be “making all the right noises” and Sean Dyche is right when he says the
    club and supporters need to ignore the noise from the media (regarding transfers mainly)
    It does remain however that (as far as I can see) the team needs more than layers adding,
    and therefore I would love to hear what others think about possible targets and incoming
    transfers.
    With the expected departure of Brady and the apparent “fragility” of Gudmundsson, maybe
    we should return to Liverpool winger Harry Wilson.
    He did well at Bournemouth last season and continues to shine at Cardiff having “netted” a
    hat trick over weekend.
    It was clear we were interested, but like most situations Garlicks pockets remained closed
    when it came to a possible signing!
    Nick Pope continues to be linked away and it is reported that the club would want an “eye
    watering” 45M for him!-if this is the case and he does depart Aaron Ramsdale (Sheff utd)
    has been suggested as a replacement-my thoughts on this? Well I would feel it made more
    sense to secure the return of Tom Heaton from Aston Villa who now seems likely to be
    leaving them.
    I would like to see the club retain Tarkowski (but he has previous aka Brentford for upping
    sticks) so I can see him leaving.
    Collins (Stoke) and (Worral (Notts Forest) are constantly linked, but with neither having
    any Premier league experience.
    Maybe if as reported he will be released Phil Jones (Man Utd) is worth a look (a
    controversial one I know BRFC) but if fit would provide a steadying presence at the back
    alongside either of the above. (if he can stay fit)
    Mc Neill is this week's latest name and has been mentioned before as a target for just about
    everyone, but Wolves/Aston Villa I would hope not!
    Along with Everton all “awash” with money they and their supporters talk the talk but
    ultimately end up mid table or thereabouts.
    If he did leave however, I feel with the team already lacking some extra creativity we should
    be looking to add 2 creative players in the middle of the park and finally a right full back.

Based on past experience I might be being too optimistic about any signings, but after last
    night's episode of “Line of Duty” and a second Whisky on this miserable afternoon-I am
    entitled!
    After watching first half tonight , it’s so apparent we are slow - no slower than slow.
    They are at Lowton ( weak link )

We need some PACE in a lot of positions

Having said that they are very slick ( good team ).

We were outplayed tonight by a very expensive team put together from the *** industry.That said you have to compliment Moyes who has got them firing on all cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    We were outplayed tonight by a very expensive team put together from the *** industry.That said you have to compliment Moyes who has got them firing on all cylinders.
    the Dildo brothers.

While I would like to see some incoming players who can improve the team, and we certainly need some improvement in certain areas. I am concerned that letting the current recruitment team, presumably of Rigg & Dyche lead our recruitment, we could end up with more of the same.
    How much have we wasted this season on Stephens, looking at his fee and wages.
    Although even if we recruit somebody it does not follow that Dyche will pick them to play, it has taken a considerable time for him to realise the potential that Vydra brings to the starting line up, but I would not be surprised if we started with Wood & Barnes next Monday at Fulham.

Barnes should be on the bench, anything else will be a slap in Vydra's face, unless he drops Wood and keeps Vydra on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    How much have we wasted this season on Stephens, looking at his fee and wages.
    You have to look at it from the Board's perspective though VC, by PL standards Stephens is a cheap option, how much do you think we've saved by not splashing out on a couple of serious PL players ? Untold millions let me tell you, look at the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Barnes should be on the bench, anything else will be a slap in Vydra's face, unless he drops Wood and keeps Vydra on.
    I just checked the calendar, it's definitely not April 1st.

The more I watch Vydra, the more I think he's a cracking Championship striker.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)