+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your age The Last Time The Dingles Beat Us At Home?

I was 42, still working 70 plus hours a week and a full head of hair.
    My mobile phone was a brick.

From a Wolves point of view, yes it has been an awful long time, but I was really pleased to get a point, as we have been really brittle recently and usually lose to big physical sides. And that is not meant to be demeaning, you can play decent football as well as being strong. But without Boly, Jonny, Moutinho, Neto, Jimenez, that is a hell of a hole in our 1st team squad.

Of course we haven't played each other for about 8 years prior to this game, but we have been inexcusably poor in the fixture generally and have only won twice in 20 years.

For me, I haven't been to the Albion since all-ticket / all-seaters came in, well I have been twice but couldn't get in without a ticket, even for the 4-2 game when you gave us the whole Smethwick. For me, this change has affected the BC Derby fundamentally at the Hawthorns, since I started going in the 70s, Albion was always the game to go to and we tended to bring 7-10,000, though I admit once we only brought about 4000 when Danny Crainie scored twice. But it was the game we always used to pile into a mini bus and park by West Brom town centre, or catch a special train with thousands of other lads. I also went with about 50 Tipton/Wednesbury lads to a few of these matches, great lads too. It was always a great day out, but that all changed with all seater and after the 4-2 win we only got 2700 tickets, generally Season Ticket holders, and going to Albion suddenly became hostile and admittedly very atmospheric. When you've got 7000 lads there you feel totally safe, but when its ordinary fans in the main, it has become nasty and as I said it has fundamentally changed the feel and experience of the BC Derby at your place for Wolves fans.

Albion rarely bought more than 4000 to Wolves, maybe about 6000 for one game in 1979 when you tonked us 3-0, the Villa game was always more important I felt for Albion back then. Even in the 90s and 2000s there was a couple of occasions when Albion had a couple of hundred unsold seats in the lower Steve Bull.

Best atmosphere I remember at your place was the 3-2 game, seeing the whole Brummy Rd boinging looked awesome however much I detest the song.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)