+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your age The Last Time The Dingles Beat Us At Home?

Your age The Last Time The Dingles Beat Us At Home?

September 1996.......almost a quarter of a century ago!

I was still 34 years old and I’m 60 this year🤣

My kids were 11, 7 and 4........I now have a granddaughter older than my son was at that time.

Euro 96 had been that summer and Blair was still a year away from becoming Prime Minister.

I was still a year away from starting my own business, something I feel like I’ve been doing forever.

We were still 5 years away from the 9/11 attacks.

I was sporting Ian Hamilton style “curtains” during that period and Oasis had just hit the charts.

So that’s NO home defeats to them lot in 25 years and only 1 defeat at home in 32 years.

We’ve only lost to them 4 times in 32 years🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Many of us may not live long enough to see them celebrate on our ground and possibly not even in their own patch.

No matter how bad we are and how rotten a side we might have it makes little difference.

On the day it really matters we always turn up.

So what’s your age difference between then and now?

I was 28 years old and although I'd been with the (now) wife for years we were still single. I'm 53 years of age now.

Our son will be 21 in July and wasn't even a bubble in my nut sack. He's had a season ticket since he was about eight or nine and has been to many away games with me. Although they've beaten us at the Mol' in that time he's never seen us lose to Wolves.

For perspective my parents were in their late 60s. They passed away aged 81 and 82 respectively ...... if they were still with us they'd be 94 and 93 this year

My nephew would still have been at primary school. He's now a father of four and his eldest lad leaves secondary school in a couple of years time.

Doesn't time fly 😊 ?

I was 28, had only just met my wife and we diddnt get married for 5 years, and it will be our 20th wedding anniversary in a few months! I had no great hairs now it’s a struggle to find the ones that aren’t !!

Time flies ‘ Carpe Diem’ as they say!

I was 43 and I am 68 now. I would willingly swap that unbeaten record against the Wulfs for the Vile. I fu**ing detest the Vile with a passion that goes beyond normality. In fact I would say I probably have a mental problem about them.

I was 54, now 79, had been married 30 years and are still going strong. Like JD the Vile have always been our treaded enemy over and above the Dog Heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    I was 43 and I am 68 now. I would willingly swap that unbeaten record against the Wulfs for the Vile. I fu**ing detest the Vile with a passion that goes beyond normality. In fact I would say I probably have a mental problem about them.

Now that the Boiler man has finally run out of gas you needn't concern yourself with this psychotic fixation of the green-eyed monster eh?

I was 42. That makes me 67 now.

I was 44. I have to admit that I have never been that hung up over the Wolves fixture. Mind you the Villa has always been entirely different. It all depends how and where you grew up I suppose

I thought that it was longer ago than that, somewhere around the time of the Battle of Hastings!

I was 42 in 1996. Last time I saw The Albion lose to them? I honestly don't remember but I reckon it was in the 80's.

My daughter born in 89 has seen more than 10 BCD (all at The Hawthorns except for the W0lve3 Cup Tie) and NEVER seen us lose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)