+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Surely it's Time......Sunday

Surely it's Time......Sunday

Time that we beat UTD?
    In a very strange season, strange results, silly scores, scandal and fans revolting. Could this Sunday be the time........come on Villa, cap a great season off with a win.

Nice thought Dave

I wouldn't get too excited about the prospect,last time we beat Yeneeted there was a king on the throne !

On the rare occasion we threaten to buck the trend of eternal defeats the referee is allways on hand to step in & p1ss all over our parade by awarding yet another dubious penalty for example (Pogba managing to theatrically trip himself over)

Incidently Pogba managing to scythe himself down won a nomination for the Sir John Gielgud Award for Excellence in the Dramatic Arts

Love it to happen but don't bet too much of your hard earned on this one Dave !

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Time that we beat UTD?
    In a very strange season, strange results, silly scores, scandal and fans revolting. Could this Sunday be the time........come on Villa, cap a great season off with a win.
    Manure fans have always been revolting Dave, not just last weekend.

It all depends on our mistakes and how weak the official is. We play well, with a strong official, then I think we can win.

What are the odds on Jack playing?

Jack playing? Zero. I am just hoping all the crazy attention on the Glazers distracts the players, they will get to a europa final this week and probably win it, they are garaunteed a CL spot anyway, they may rest a few as City will have mopped up the Premiership by the time we play! You just never now??

Jack himself has said he's out for at least the next 10 days, they've had around 20 pens already this season, more than 1 every 2 games and they will have much more of the ball than Everton or WBA did which will I think nullify Barkley's influence.

DS will most likely put both Nakamba and Luiz in for this game, I'd like to see McGinn further forward with Davis as the target man & Ollie on the left wing, move Cash into midfield and bring in Elmo for this one.

Would love to beat them and Chelsea in the run-in but they'll want 2nd & 3rd spots respectively.

Agree with Freer they always seem to have a convenient penalty when required it’s just a question of when not if.

Also if I hear any more crap from Jamie Carragher and co about United’s passionate fans to justify the invasion of OT I will scream if it had been passionate fans of any of the other 14 clubs they would have been slaughtered by the media.

Match should be awarded to Liverpool that would send out a strong message but we all know that won’t happen.

Personally I would throw all 6 breakaway teams out the prem for one season to the Championship. No relegation and the top 2 promoted only.
    Their fans are a disgrace, attacking police is not the way!

Where is my time machine? I want to fast forward a thousand years to see if we will ever beat them.....☹

Death, taxes, man u beating Villa

The only 3 certainties in life

Don't forget the match day penalty that wasnt, that the ref always throws in, just like adding salt to an open wound 💀

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)